How Are You Feeling Today?

AN: I'm obsessed with modern Ivar. Warnings, lots of profanity and inaccurate therapy sessions. Whoops.

 Whoops

"Ivar, does her face have the answers to your maths exam?" Ubbe grunts irritably, watching Ivar's eyes shift from the girl's face back to his

"Ivar, does her face have the answers to your maths exam?" Ubbe grunts irritably, watching Ivar's eyes shift from the girl's face back to his. Ivar mutters to himself, picking up his pencil and biting at the very tip of the eraser, clearly annoyed.

Ivar hated math, and he was never really good at it, but he was lucky enough that his older brother had a knack for it. Ubbe had always said that numbers made the world go round, and there was a truth to that statement. The second oldest Ragnarsson followed in their late father's footsteps, graduating with a masters in Economics, and a minor in International Relations. Numbers came easy to him, clearly much easier than making his little brother focus.

"I don't understand the normal distirbution." Ivar whines, tossing his pencil aside, shifting his eyes once again to the girl sitting not too far from them in the university library. Unlike Ivar, she was quite focused in her studies, and she was pretty, very pretty.

"Well maybe if you'd focus, you'd understand the concept." Ubbe scolds quietly, hoping to avoid the librarian who was already eyeing him and his little brother. He then turns the page in Ivar's textbook, having him focus on a sample problem that involved too many formulas.

"Try this problem." Ivar frowns, placing his chin against his hand, shifting his eyes to glare at the textbook. After a few minutes of mental calculations and actually trying to solve the problem for once, he completes it with minimal help from Ubbe.

"See? You just needed to focus."

"Uh-huh." Ivar mutters, his wandering blue eyes going back to the girl, who unfortunately was packing up her things to leave. Tossing her books into her backpack, she slings it over her shoulder and walks off.

Ubbe smirks, quite surprised at how easily his attention was taken up by that girl.

Ivar wasn't the most outgoing person, especially since the accident and after his last trashy girlfriend, but his reserved personality gave way to a creative mind. He was an excellent writer, and was quite passionate about it too, and it was no surprise he decided to persue a literature degree.