15

"Hello?" Ethan croaked tiredly into his cell phone that had only rang three times.

"Ethan," John Charles's voice was booming in his ear drums. Ethan sat up straight, his eyes instinctively landed on Emma who was sleeping.

"John," Ethan breathed, "How...How are you?" he cleared his throat, "I hadn't realized I'd fallen asleep," Ethan lied.

"Have you found her yet?" John questioned, "We found your car, no trace of her at all. But looks like she killed two other men. I've got guys headed east for her."

Ethan stared at Emma's bare back which was rising and falling gently with every breath. "No...I haven't found her," he swallowed hard, "But Grayson rescued me with the car situation. I'm covered. He requested to, um, to find her with me. Team work should make things easier."

"Yes, I've heard. I think it's a good idea." John said, "I don't want you sleeping, boy, get back to work."

"Yes, Sir," Ethan gulped before hanging up his cell phone. He hadn't realized how heavy is breathing had gotten until he decided he needed to calm down. He glanced over at Emma who hadn't even stirred. He quickly slipped into jeans and a t-shirt before standing outside. He gulped down the air.

He thought things through. He knew that this was a bad idea. Ethan could get in serious trouble and he's going to get Grayson and Olivia fired, too. Then he's going to get Emma killed, too. He was against Emma using her abilities on people, but shouldn't there be exceptions? Like, for example, when your boss is after her because he wants to end her?

"Ethan?" a soft voice rang in his ears.

The voice didn't belong to Emma's, but instead, it belonged to Trish. He looked at her and smiled, "Hey," he said.

"Are you alright?" she questioned, "Grayson and I turned in our key. Are you ready to go? Where's Emma?" Olivia was about to peak into their room but Austin stopped her. He didn't want Olivia to know that he just slept with Emma. She would throw a fit.

"We'll be ready in a moment. Wait in the car for us." Ethan said. Olivia nodded and turned, walking away. Ethan breathed in another lungful of air before walking inside his room. He slowly crouched down by Emma's bedside. "Em," he whispered.

Emma's eyes slowly fluttered and met Ethan's," Ethan?" she yawned.

"Get ready. We're leaving now," Ethan said, "We have to stay on the move."

"Ethan," Emma sighed. He looked at her. "Turn me in."

"What?" he looked at her like she'd just grown a third arm.

"Is this what life is going to look like, for not only me, but for you? Always running, hiding, and lying? I don't want this to be your life, I don't want this to be my life. Just turn me in, Ethan." Emma said.

"That's not an option, Emma. Get ready." he said, tossing her clothes at her. Emma sighed. He turned his head while she got into her clothes. She tugged her hair into a braid that rested on her shoulder.

"Sooner or later, they're going to find us," she said.

"It'll be later," he replied.

"Ethan," Emma said, "They're going to find me."

Ethan slowly looked at her. "Let's go." he said, grabbing his bag and key, leaving the room. He wanted to avoid the subject because he knew it, too. They couldn't be on the run forever, but they could be on the run for a while. He hoped it stayed that way.

Emma caught up to his fast pace, "Ethan," she said, grabbing his hand to make him stop moving.

"No, Emma," Ethan snapped, turning around to face her, "We're not turning you in. I won't do that. Now, let's get to the car and let's keep moving." His voice fell lower by the end of the sentence. Emma stared at him before he turned around, heading for the front desk where they could hand in their key.