Day 16 ||Chapstick||Ch. 8||

Kairi POV

I walk into class, tired and bored. I no longer cared about the notes nor Chapstick. Ever since I discovered my huge crush on my bestfriend, Mattia. I mean who wouldnt like him?

I read the note, and threw it away. I put the Chapstick in my backpack. I sat down, and put my head down. Wait! Mattia. I turn to him, and find him about to break down. I run my fingers through his hair.

Me: Matti, everything okay?

Mattia: Yes Kairi. I'm fine.

I lost my nicknames.. Did I do something? Nono I cant lose him.

Me: Mattia talk to me, please.

Mattia: I'm just being dumb. No need to talk.

Is he mad at me? What did I do? Oh Lord, I always mess things up.

I saw Mattia get up, and leave. he never does that.. I raised my eyebrow, and decided to follow him. He was walking really fast, and I could barely keep up. He looked back, and I quickly hid behind a piller in our school. He opened the door, and left. I waited 3 minutes before going to my car. I saw his car leave the school parking lot, so I followed.

20 minuted later, Mattia stopped driving. Dang, where even are we? It looks like a forest..? I saw Mattia get out, and go to his trunk. He got a rope, and a small stool- oh shit! Hes going to commit suicide!!!

I get out my car, and run to him. He was setting up the rope, and I guess he didnt see me.

Me: MATTIA FRANCISCO POLIBIO!

He turned to me, slowly. I ran even faster, if that was possible. Once I made my way to him, his eyes were watery.

Me: W-what were y-you doing?

Mattia: I think it pretty clear.

Me: Mattia. I never knew this would happen. Talk to me, please?

I hugged him, and signaled to go to my car. Once we got there, he started crying.

Me: Its okay Mattia. I'm here, dont worry.

Mattia: Y-you're not though..

I rubbed his back in circler motions.

Me: What do you mean Matti?

Mattia: Y-you know the n-notes?

He said, trying not to sob more.

Me: Yes? What about them?

Mattia: I-I'm the one.... W-who wrote them.

Him? Mattia? The tough one? This Mattia? I never would've thought.

Me: You?

He pulled back, and looked at me.

Mattia: Yes me. I've liked you Kai. I've always liked you. Youre my world. Once I saw you didnt care about the notes, it broke me. My heart. I knew you moved on. I was scared, in a way I've never been scared. I wanted to die. I wanted whoever you liked to die. I knew that you would move on. But it hurt more than I could've thought. I didnt know what to do. Youre my soul. The person that I look up to. Or down? Whatever. But you Kairi Samuel Cosentino. You, you're the reason I'm alive. Youre the reason I wake up. Youre the reason I smile. Youre the reason I haven't died. You are my everything. Without you, I dont think I could make it. I would be nobody without you Kairi. I love you Kairi Samuel Cosentino. I will say it till the day I die. Till the day you die as Kairi Samuel Polibio.

Me: I- never thought you would like me.

Mattia: But I do. And it hurts my heart, knowing that your heart belongs to someone else.