Tekla's Way

The awkwardness of Rachel's departure hanged over the group and only the littlest of us didn't seem affected by it. Scooping up the variation of red Jordan was being a little picky and after an hour the boy still did not select a color.  Finally James had to persuade Jordan on his final choice with a promise of candy.  Through it all Miranda did not seem bothered only smiled at the child in question. 

"That is a nice choice "Miranda said taking the red cotton out of Jordan's hand. Placing a needle in the cotton she closed her eyes. The moment the needle pierced the cotton and pulled out threading itself without Miranda's hands touching it my mouth opened.

The needle work was like an invisible woman was sewing. Checking the lines Miranda grabbed another piece and started the process again until she had four needles working at once.

"This is incredible" squealed David practically running over to the needle work on the cotton. "What type of magic is this Miranda."

"Thread and weaving magic the women in my family specialize in it."

"Miranda is being modest her family created most of the clothes in our trade. And she is the best dressmaker in our village "Bear Claw stated making the young woman blush.

"Don't listen to the chief my mother does a better job than me" remarked Miranda humbly as she put in another needle in a black material and it moved like the others. "Have you picked out your fabric yet". Moving her eyes on James.

Shaking his head "Here I like these" handing over a green wool fabric and black leather.

Miranda said nothing as she did James clothes manually with her own hands. Jordan's  clothes worked on themselves  with the help of her magic. Threads and needles flew out of her basket as they got to sewing on the pieces of fabrics. 

" Miranda I never heard of this magic from my mother "David sitting down beside Miranda."

"I am not surprise" Miranda putting another needle in a wool item and continuing. "My family is the only ones that I know that have it."

"Well I see why your family is valued. This work is beautiful said Sarah looking at the almost finish shirt.

"Thank you" said Miranda simply as she got back to work on the items and grew an outline in some dark wool as scissors and threads moved in the line she made.

"What are you doing" Jacob sitting beside me watching the woman on the clothes like everyone else in the room?

"I'm creating a coat for the wizard "said Miranda completing a long shirt for James and started on another item. In shock she sown a shirt that would take many a day in a few minutes. Her hands were moving at a pace that wasn't normal for a human. Staring at the woman before me I was amazed at her powers. Her magic could outshine my sister in value and depth in tenfold.  Not wanting to continue to stare like a fool I looked on to Laura and Bear Claw as I overheard  their conversation.

"Laura when will you need the supplies for your journey.

"In the next hour or so.  I know King Louis wants to depart to Evergreen as soon as possible. And if you have extra clothes from your trade we would dearly appreciate them" sniffed Laura as she smelled herself.

"We have plenty to spare "Bear Claw ordering Mara to him. "Go get some extra clothes and horses for this group and be quick they need to leave soon."

Bowing Mara hurried off. I was a little disappointed that we would not be staying longer in the Tekla village but it was understandable. This wasn't a vacation but a mission to warn the kingdom of the enemies that breached our nation.