Mel's Return

I was dreaming when I felt a rocking motion on my body that I tried to ignore unsuccessfully. Whatever this  was it was unyielding and had a hold of my right arm.. Grunting I tried to be still, but I kept rocking forcing my eyes to open. Blinking I felt nausea, but I found why I was moving so much. Rachel was standing over me holding both of my arms trying to wake me.

Seeing my eyes open she finally stopped. "Thank god you had me worried" Helping me sit up I could see everyone awake but lethargic. Finally getting my bearing I looked around us to see we were in some kind of building. Scanning our location it was obvious the place was abandon by  the shape of the walls and the ceiling's that was literally falling down on us.  I could make out a door but by the look of Sarah's face I knew they already tried it.

"What happen" I demanded.

"Your sister is what happened" Laura spoke looking like the sickest out of all of us. Whatever happen must be affecting her more than the rest of us. "She somehow filled the air with pollen that made us fall asleep." Laura ending that comment before vomiting over and over again.

"Laura" Louis shouted coming to her side. Yet, a cracking sound made us turn to the  door as it swung open. The walls itself seem to splinter as my sister walked in. My mouth opened at seeing my sister before me now.

The Mel I always known was well groom with no hair out of place. And the finest clothes our parents could afford. However  the sister in front of me was still in her princess gown that was  ripped and stain with dirt, sweat and blood. 

Mel leveled her gaze and my skin crawled by the way she stared at me. "Andy why have you not welcome me" she said with venom. Her face was cold, and the grin alone made me step back. "Ashamed of my common status now that you are marrying a royal." At that I could feel her magic jump as the wooden floors creaked under her power.

My voice decided to work now to give a response. "What are you doing here Mel" watching my sister's every move. Something was very dangerous about Mel as she tried to seem calm.

Combing some of the dirt out of her hair Mel pouted. "I came from my ordeal in Weston. I was held hostage for days only barely escaping with my life."  I was dumbfounded at the lie because we all knew she was involved in the attack. To pretend to be one of the victims was low even for her."

Louis voice boomed across the room in anger. "Melissa, we know you weren't a hostage at Weston but a conspirator like your mother. Helping Alek and Cullen raid the village." At Louis interruption Mel try to play hurt sliding to the ground in tears. She had the nerve to try to garner sympathy I rolled my eyes. This was a classic scheme of hers always trying to use those tears to get men to her side. It work with Luke and the other boys in the village but Louis wasn't buying her fake act.

"My king I was force into helping those wicked men. "Mel cried out, but Louis didn't fall for it. He only moved farther away from my sister."

"Lies and when we get out of this you will hang for your crimes" he declared. Seeing that her act has failed. Mel got up and dusted herself off growling at us.

"Fine they didn't threaten me" Mel admitted looking at all of us. "They betrayed me and killed the one person I loved the most my mother." If Mel expected empathy on Ella's death she was dearly mistaken as Rachel snorted at that.

"They're betrayal was fitting, and your mother deserved her fate." The coldness of the words struck Mel in her face as she looked shock.

"She was my mother."

"A mother that wanted to sell out her village for riches" Rachel hissed at Mel's sadness. "Sorry no tears for Ella here but I would like to spit on her grave."

"Shut up" snapped Mel and I felt the ground beneath as shake. My sister wasn't stable and arguing with her isn't helping us.

"Mel what do you want. " I asked earning a glare from my sister as the ceiling of  the building began to crack. "You must require something to kidnap us." My words must have struck my sister as she calms down enough. Playing with her hair she smiled.

"Yes, I do want something sister."

"Okay what is it" I negotiated trying to be a peacemaker because our situation was dire. By the look of Rachel, she doesn't have the power to stop my sister. Louis didn't have his weapon and Sarah's powers wasn't useful without a source of water.

It's just my big mouth that hopefully can talk my sister into being reasonable. My sister for her part seems to think about what she wants. And by the gleam in her eyes it wasn't something good.

"I want to be pardon and to be a princess" she announce like this was a simple request.  I could tell Louis was about to lose it, but Laura stepped in. Getting on her feet slowly after hurling.

"Oh, Laura did my pollen mess up your senses" chuckled Mel.  Hearing Mel's taunts it was clear why  Laura was so weak. Being blind Laura's other four senses was heightened.  Her sense of smell must be oversensitive with all the pollen in the air making the Native ill.

"I am fine Melissa, but your request cannot be granted" Laura declared not giving in to the taunts. "You are already a criminal no court in the land will overlook that."

Waving her hand in the air she dismissed Laura's answer. "If the king said I am pardon others will listen." With that she swayed up to Louis sliding her hands up his chest. 

At Mel's touch Louis looked like snakes were crawling on him pushing her away. "I will never give that pardon."

"Are you sure even for Laura's life" as she said that as the door opened  and three people I thought I left in Weston appeared. The Walkers walked in dressed in clothes that was obviously not their own by the ill fit. Looking at the men who walked around like gods in Weston now resembles the beggars on the streets. I took a few minutes as I process what happen next.