The New Neighbor

Eyes wide in disbelief, using my entire strength, I pushed this stranger away from me and slapped him HARD.

"Is this harassment or something?!" I asked, furious. "How dare you kiss me, a stranger without consent? I don't even know your name and you don't even know mine!"

He touched his face where I slapped him and smirked. "Look, Miss. Don't assume too much. That was all pretend. I did that to send that girl away." he reasoned out and I can tell he doesn't want this conversation.

"First of all SIR, I am not one of your stupid 'playthings'. I am a woman and you just violated my right."

"This conversation is over." He turned to leave and I hurriedly walked infront of him, blocking his way.

"No, the conversation's not over. Apologize." I demanded.

He stared at me in disbelief and started bursting out, laughing. "Do you want money or something?" He looked down at my shopping bags, "But I think you're rich enough though." He then crossed his arms. How can this man be so arrogant?!

"Yes, I want something and I just told you. Now, apologize!" I yelled at him and this caught the attention of a saleslady who noticed our little commotion. Where were you when I needed you the most?!

"Is there a problem, here." The saleslady asked.

"YES! Look, miss. This guy just kissed me without my consent. Don't you think he violated my right as a woman?"

He looked over at the man and I caught a glimpse of fear in her eyes, she bowed her head down immediately. "I'm sorry miss, but I think you have to leave. You're disturbing the other customers."

What did she say?

I looked around and realized that everyone was really staring at me. So they witnessed me yelling at time, but didn't see me when I was kissed by this man without my consent?! Ughh! This is so frustrating!!

I turned to face this stranger but he is already walking towards the exit so I ran up to him and followed him, but I'm struggling with all these shopping bags and he's walking really fast so I couldn't catch up to him.

UGHH! Out of all the days, why did I decide to buy all this stuff today? BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, out of all the girls he could have kissed, why me? Or better yet, Who gave this dude the right to just randomly kiss girls he don't even know?!

I'M REALLY FURIOUS RIGHT NOW.

Before this day gets worse, I better go home. I had enough for today.

I called a grab, went home 30 minutes later. No one's home yet. Dad is probably still meeting with his clients and Mom, obviously still not back from her office. I sighed.

From the enrollment to strolling around the mall, shopping to that little encounter with that arrogant stranger earlier, I felt so I tried I decided to doze off.

•••

"Sweetie, wake up. Honey?" I woke up from mom's voice. I slowly pushed myself up, rubbed by eyes and stretched my body.

"Yes, Mom?" I asked, still groggy.

"We'll dinner is served. I thought you'd like to eat." As if on cue, my stomach started growling.

Mothers really knows best. "Yeah, go ahead first mom. Be there in a sec."

"Had fun earlier?" Pointing out the bags lying on my floor. FUN? MOM, IF YOU ONLY KNEW WHAT HAPPENED.