Add/Deduct a Dollar

After we ate lunch (well, besides Ezekiel), we then went to the National Bookstore to buy some materials. Since it is a barrio fiesta, we had to decorate our room so that it would look like we're in a carnival.

I'm so excited for this! This the first time our section will actually gather together, eat, and have fun to at least reward ourselves for the exams we just finished.

"Are you not done yet?" Ezekiel asked impatiently. That's the 3rd time now. I don't get why he keeps on complaining when we could just leave me here and go home first.

"I told you already, go home." I said for the nth time.

"No." He crossed his arms.

"Fine!" I walked away and went to get some glue. It's so draining to argue with him.

I really don't understand why he has to be with me. I mean, according to our contract, we only have to pretend that we're dating in school, right?

Also, we said that I won't be anywhere in school without him, but for pete's sake, we're in the mall! Why won't he leave me alone?

I really have to talk to him about this. I have to clear things up. Also, we never talked about when this contract will actually end. I better ask him that soon before things go out of hand.

A few minutes later, Ynna and Rona proceeded to the cashier. While waiting, I went to the look at some books first.

I've always loved reading, but since Senior High started, I just didn't have enough time to do so. I still have lots of books at home that I haven't read yet. I'll probably do that during sembreak in October. 2 more months and were done!

"This is a good one." Ezekiel began and pulled a book entitled Looking for Alaska by John Green. I didn't even realized he was following me.

"You read books?" I asked. He just doesn't seem like that kind of person.

He didn't answer me and just went in and got more books.

Why would he begin a conversation when he doesn't intend to finish it? Uggh, so annoying.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Isn't that a question already?" He asked back, still going over some books.

"Fine! Whatever. Anyway, When are we going to end this contract?" And in an instant, he immediately turned around and looked at me.

"Until I say so." He walked past me, but I pulled him back so that he'll face me again.

"No. We have to talk about this now. This can't last forever."

"Who says this would last forever? That doesn't exist."

"Exactly." I agreed. "That's why we have to talk about when this contract shall terminate."

"So, what do you want?" He leaned on the shelf waiting for my reply.

What do I want?

Well, I want this over right now, but knowing him, I know he won't agree to that.

Hmmm. What if...AHA!

But will it work? I don't know.

I guess well have to try.

"What if everytime you ask me a favor you deduct a dollar for it?"

"What do you mean?" He raised his eyebrows, confused.

"Okay, here me out. Don't I owe you 18,000 dollars?" I asked and he nodded.