Chapter 25

The next morning was like the past few days they had already gone through. The beautiful sunrise and the slight change in weather. Y/N had her suspicions on how it was getting warmer and how the morning was, uh, changing, but she wanted to investigate later. She was the only one up, for it was early, and Y/N was going to make it a nice day. Will was going to tell his dad the truth about the robot's whereabouts so no one could get in trouble and that was pretty much it.
       Y/N got ready and when she was just about to go out the door, she spotted something weird. The charts that she made on the computer were stabilizing. The radiation was going higher up the scale. Y/N frowned and took one of they spare papers lying around and she tried to ring out the pattern. Nothing seemed to add up. She took a mini telescope and looked out the window. It still didn't make any sense. Nothing on that planet did anymore. Y/N rubbed her neck looking at the charts. She needed to tell Maureen because it could get worse.

——————————————————————————————————-

       Maureen walked into Will's room, hoping she wouldn't wake him up. It's been a while since they had some time together without being trapped in some kind of danger. The whole trip had made them too caught up in everything else, they were forgetting that they were family. She sat on Will's bed and she brushed his hair aside from his forehead. She had almost forgotten how much she loved him.

Flashback- 11 years earlier

       Maureen watched as their newborn baby cried in his crib. He had been delivered only last week and the parents were as happy as ever. Maureen put her hands through the holes in the crib and she ran her gloved hand over his delicate body.
       "He looks smaller than yesterday. Is that possible?"
       "He's down 3 ounces," the nurse said.
      "What?"
        Maureen looked at the nurse than back at her precious baby boy. The nurse put a hand on Maureen's back.
       "It's good you're here."
        Maureen held her baby's small hand and rubbed his fingers gently.
       "Hey there. Hey, Will. I know it's been rough so far. But I need you to fight, Okay? I need you to fight now. If you fight now, I promise that I will fight for you for the rest of your life," Maureen sobbed.
        She ran her finger over Will's small head.
        "I promise."

End of Flashback- Present

       Maureen continued to run her fingers over Will's head, just the same way she did 11 years ago. She took it off and looked at Will. She gave a small motherly kiss on his forehead. She knew what she had to do.

——————————————————————————————————————

       A few hours had passed since Y/N and Maureen woke up and now everyone was up, doing their stuff. Y/N fiddled with her fingers as she waited for Maureen. She didn't know how she'd react or if she'd even believe her but it wouldn't be hard to because everyone knew Y/N flew a Jupiter. Finally, she saw Maureen going through the hall but she was carrying a huge bag. Y/N got up from her seat and walked over.
"Um, good morning Maureen, I uh, I saw something very weird this morning and I thought that maybe you could help me explain it."
"What did you see," Maureen asked.
"Um, it was the radiation. It was higher than usual and if it got any higher, I'm pretty sure that would have occurred in a major weather change. But also, the sun, it's rising earlier and earlier every day. I don't know if it's the gravitational pull that's different from Earth or something but it's not right," Y/N said.
Maureen breathed heavily. "Yeah, I saw that too. It didn't show anything related to that when I was looking at this planet's solar system. There wasn't any kind of free hand radiation coming."
"Yeah, it was strange. I also looked but, I might have to do with some kind of gas that's already on this planet because I did some numbers and that's the only thing that makes sense. Maybe, Kepler's Law doesn't apply here," Y/N said, pulling out the charts she had made.
Maureen took the charts and smiled.
"Can-can I borrow this. It's really good and I think it will be super helpful. Please, don't tell anyone, but I'm going to investigate. It's going way too fast."
Y/N nodded. "Sure thing."
Y/N stepped aside and Maureen continued to walk out of the Jupiter. The camp had moved to Jupiter 2 so almost all of the survivors were there. They had all the supplies and they were studying the planet more until they found the fuel they need to get back to the Resolute.
"Hey Y/N."
Y/N looked at Penny and Judy who were in the closet getting a few things for the tower the colonists were building. They all came to the idea that since the Resolute isn't blind, they could use the tower to signal them with the bright light they were building, but they hoped to hell that it would work.
"Hey, need help?"
"No, we were just wondering, do you know where Will is? Carter is in the closet on the other side looking for pieces of aluminum so we could use it for the tower. You can help him if you want."
"Okay, I don't know where Will is so I could look for him for you."
Judy smiled. "Sounds great."
Y/N walked to the other side of the Jupiter as she was looking for Will. It didn't take long and she found him with Carter looking for foil or aluminum.
"Hey you guys. I think Penny and Judy are looking for you, Will."
Will smiled, "Thanks, I'm on my way."
He walked off through the door and went the opposite direction before Y/N told him to go on his right. Will just nervously chuckled before going the correct way. Y/N smiled and decided she should help Carter.
"So. You like Will, huh."
Y/N's head snapped back in Carter's direction as she saw an evil smirk on his face.
"Be quiet, we're only 11. I don't think we should do that stuff until we're 14 or 15 or something like that," Y/N said.
"I'm pretty sure you can like someone when you're 11."
"Why are you even bringing this up? We're just friends."
"Uh-huh. Yeah totally."
"Fine, we're best friends," Y/N said, toying with Carter.
He gasped and put his right arm on his chest.
"I want to ask you about what you do all day. I'm mean, there is nothing to do here and you are always gone."
Carter's cheeks went slightly pink and he started babbling different stuff like 'look how nice the weather is getting.'
"What were you doing in here? I mean, there's foil right there," Y/N said pointing to the shiny piece under the shelf.
Carter looked down and quickly picked it up running out of the room. "I have to go give this to the adults, heh-heh."
Y/N stared as he ran down the hall holding the foil up in the air.
"What a weirdo," Y/N said to herself.