s e v e n

Tuesday.

Lexander was sitting on the couch, waiting for the arrival of his great-grandfather. His eyes studied the surroundings. The ballroom wasn't changed yet only the painting of Adam hanged up to the wall. Adam had the similarities between him and Lexander. Of course, they're related to each other. Blue eyes with dirty blond hair and pale skin. But Adam has a moustache and Lexander had none.

In his painting, he stood perfectly like a prince. He wore red lavishing suit and high waist pants. Now Lexander was wearing the bodyguard uniform. Black with small gold chains dangling over the bodice. He had a small gun with a sword on his side. His hair, well he cut it off. From being Tarzan into handsome Charming.

His lips tugged into a smile, he remembered what Victoria said. She didn't like Prince Charmings or cliché romances. Like she saw in movies. But he cannot understand why she hates it. She never been in love before. Last night, his lips kept mumbling her name. He can't control it.

She's rare. Her evergreen eyes brings hope to him, like leaves among the dead-brown branches. Her face, filled with freckles and it made her a model of art. He was amazed by her beauty, not from the outside but the rareness of her heart. Every woman is different but she's the most unique among others. Beautiful.

He heard some footsteps pondering into the ballroom. Lexander stood up like a knight but not in shining armor. A man came to him, his gaze bored into his blue ones. "What is your name?"

"Lexander Edwards." He answered. Adam lifted his lips with a smile, he turned around to see Jacqueline standing behind him. Then he faced back to Lexander, whose forehead was filled with droplets of sweat. He was worried that he might tell him to leave.

But it was different from his expectations. "Lexander, you can be my bodyguard but..." Adam walked towards the couch. He sat down and took the letters from the small table. "Have you been falling in love?"

Lexander wasn't sure what to say. His eyes went wide when his great-grandfather asked him with that question. If Victoria was there, she would burn herself with anger. Speaking of Courtney, he never found any feelings for her. "I-i think so."

Jacqueline signals me knowing that she'll leave the room. I nodded. Adam chuckled, reading the latest letter. "Man, I'm in love with someone. Someone who forced me to love the Duchess of Derby."

"Sorry to ask you, my lord." Lexander apologized that he might asked him a weird question. "Who's this Duchess?"

"Veronica Knight. My filthy childhood friend." He mocked the name. He really didn't like Veronica.

"Is she tomboyish?" Lexander's mouth fumbles, asking without any idea. His thoughts were switched back to Victoria. My goodness! I'm too clumsy now.

Adam's head craned to Lexander and gave him a surprise look. "How did you know?"

That question slapped Lexander's mind, waking him up from thinking about Victoria. "Eh what?"

Adam laughed, giggling to what happened before. He stops laughing and smiled at Lexander.
"I guess you're in love."

Lexander bit his lower lip. I'm caught! He looked at his great-grandfather and smiled sheepishly. Small glimpse of red flashes on his cheeks. "Am I caught?"

Adam Lambert went back to read the letter. "You can say that." He folded the letter and places it on the desk. "Love isn't that hard?"

"I think it is... "

"I don't mean that I hated her. I just overwhelmed by her manly mentally." He stretched out his legs on the footstool. "She's not similar to other ladies or her sister."

"Do She have a sister?"

"Yes, her name is Vivorie."
Lexander remembered the picture. Victoria's great-grandmother!
"She's too opposite. Too meek."

"Then what type of woman you want, my lord?"

"A lady type. Modesty is her charm."

"I think they both have changed, Sir."

"I think so." Adam stared at the vase. The vase was decorated with fresh white roses with delicate ferns. "our families had a huge feud."

"Really?" What do you mean? Capulets and Montagues?

"I want to have peace with the Knights but the horrible antagonist was still alive."

"Who's that nemesis?"

Adam clutches his both hands on his stomach. "Duchess Dowager Lalia Knight." His eyes went to the saddest expression. "She's the grandmother of the twins."

"I only trusted Harold and Jacqueline about this. Now because you're my bodyguard, I need to tell you..." He turned to look at the vase. "I like Veronica but it doesn't mean I loved her."

"Well love can pop up in the right time."

"You're right, man."

"Describe her. Can you?" Lexander asked, holding his hands on his back.

"Well, aside from tomboyish, she's clever and witty. Redhead with freckles-"

"What do you think of she?"

"She's lovely." Adam dropped his foot on the floor and straighten himself. "Can you stay awake for a whole day?"

"Maybe."

"If you feel like you want to sleep, think about your woman." Adam winked at him, making his great-grandson chuckle more.

"I guess that wouldn't work."

"You have to try, man."

Lexander laughed. "I'll try."

They both laughed at each other and snobbed. Adam got up, calling for his butler, Harold. Harold stumbled upon the doorway and stood like a professional butler. Yes he's his butler.

"Harold, would you please give us a bottle of Gin."

"My lord, pink lemonade? Or what?"

"Just give me a bottle of gin. HAROLD!"

Harold noticed the man standing near to him. "Are you trying to sue your bodyguard to drink?"

"No but I guess."

"Adam!" He yelled. Adam was teasing him. "My lord, you cannot feed him with your bottle of gin!"

"I can take a shot." Lexander spoke, silencing the teasing atmosphere of these men.

"See! He will drink-"

"Just one shot." Harold glared at Adam, who was laughing at him. He rolled his eyes and strode across the floor, walking towards the main kitchen.

"He's Harold. My best of friends."

"I see." Lexander missed his bestfriend, Henry. A curly hair man with IQ level of 196 in mathematics and a dickhead. He lifted his head up, looking at the gold decorated ceiling.

Harold suddenly appeared in the doorway with the tray on his hand. One bottle of gin and two glasses. He placed it on the table and opened the bottle. Adam took his glass and shoved it in front of Harold.

A maid went inside the room. The same woman who flirted with Lexander yesterday. She looked at him, giving him a seductive look while sweeping the floor. Wow! Is she Cinderella?

Lexander bowed his head and prayed. Good Lord! Will you help me?