2. "Can you... Can you hear me?"

My palms became sweaty as soon as the plane landed. Jordan was fast asleep in the seat next to me drooling all over my shoulder. He groaned when I woke him up and accidentaly hit the guy sitting next to him. He was definitely a teenager, much younger than him. But that didn't stop Jordan to give him a flirty smile which of course freaked the guy out.

"Let's just go" I signed to him afraid to use my voice in such a crowded place.

We ordered a cab that took us straight to out hotel. I looked at the streets around me.

Perth.

Is this where Jo lived all her life?

As soon as Jordan and I entered out shared room, he fell on his bed and started snoring without a second word. I, on the other hand, couldn't sleep.

I'm in the same city as her. She could be around the corner.

Suddenly a notification came to my phone.

"Don't think about it, Hero. Just go to sleep"

It was from Jordan. Whenever he was too tired to talk to me or use his hands to sign he just texted me. He talked to his Siri and a message was coming to my phone. He probably spoke to Siri but of course I didn't hear it.

"I'm breathing the same air as her"

I texted back running my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, and you live on the same earth as her. You are both humans wow. You'll find her tomorrow. Don't stress too much"

I huffed and fell back on my bed looking at the ceiling.

Just a few hours...

At dawn I was already out of my bed and ready to visit every single Langford I could find. Jordan followed me with his eyes closed. I wouldn't be surprised if he was sleep walking.

At around 6AM I was around the first Langford house.

"Don't you think it would be weird knocking at someone's door at six in the morning? They are probably sleeping" Jordan told me.

"Shit, I didn't think about that!" I ran a hand through my hair.

"How can you not think about that?"

"Just shut up I'm nervous"

We decided to go in a coffee shop and wait there for a little while. I order just coffee and Jordan took a whole ass plate of pancakes which he devoured quicker than anyone would think.

"So, is this a date?" Jordan said wiping the chocolate at the corner of his mouth.

I looked ta him in dusgust. "You need to find a boo, bro" I told him.

He sighed. "I know" 

"The basista is kind of cute" I told him with a smirk.

"He is not Asher" I read his lips and I rolled my eyes. "Besides, I can't just go there. Not everyone is gay. I can't just assume. It's rude" he signed.

"He's looking at you"

"He's what?" He almost jumped from his seat. 

"Go" 

"Of course I'm going to go, idiot. I'm not throwing that chance away" He stood up, took a deep breath, fixed his hair and walked there with his cool walk.

I observed them. I saw them laughing. Then the barista yelled something to his co-worker that of course I couldn't hear. Jordan's eyes widened. He started talking fast to the guy. Then the guy wrote something down. Jordan took it an came back with a smile on his face.