4/10

- ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴘɪᴄɴɪᴄs ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ

He'd been in a sour mood ever since catching sight of Haru and Makoto walking home together when he went to Iwatobi to pick you up again. It was Saturday now but you supposed something had been triggered in his mind for him to be in a bad mood for a whole day. It somewhat worried you but you knew your strong boyfriend would persevere as long as you treaded carefully.

You liked to hope that anything you said could at least help him cheer up but you were also frightened because of your inadequacy to fully comprehend the relationship between Haru and Rin. You knew they were childhood best friends, swimming together in their swim club until Rin left for Australia. You also knew that Rin felt absolutely hopeless against the Australian swimmers, it was nothing like how he felt when he swam with his best friend.

Haru and Makoto, they had each other but now they were always together while Rin went to another school that held a lot of focus towards competitive swimming. Of course, Rin had Sousuke and yourself but it wasn't really the same. You couldn't help but feeling unqualified to reassure him that it would soon turn out okay so that's why you went to his dorm at eight in the morning, knocking on his door before waiting a short while.

You expected Nitori-kun to answer until the door slowly opened for you to grace your eyes on Rin. He had his signature black tank top and sweats on too. His face was twisted into one of annoyance and you smiled, getting him as you admired his bed hair, messy and untamed yet so gorgeous anyway.

"[Name]?"

"Morning, Rin-chan~!" You stepped inside as he moved to let you in, he rubbed his hair as he watched you confused before his eyes widened, "Am I missing something? Did we have a date?" You smirked and nodded mischievously, "Yes but I guess you forgot, it's alright then-" He was silenced into submission and you neared him as his eyes held worry as he almost opened his mouth to apologise, "You can make it up to me by getting changed, we're going out!"

He raised a single brow, "Huh..?"

His lips turned down and you smiled again, shrugging your shoulders in a cute manner as he watched you, "It's-" He looked at the clock on his desk, ".. Eight."

"I know! The sun is up and so am I! Let's go, I've got food." You raised the basket in your hand, your hands tightening on the handle from the weight and Rin looked down to finally acknowledge it. He sighed and walked towards his drawers as you leaned the basket on the desk beside you so you didn't have to carry the whole weight for a short moment. He ripped off his tank top and opened his drawer to get out a shirt, he turned to look at the basket again in wonder before he caught your eyes.

"Hey.." You looked up at his face after shamelessly staring at his torso, "You know Ai isn't coming back here for a while... We'll be all alone." He smirked at you, showing off his pointed teeth and your mind almost short-circuited as your face had surely turned red, you gaped and sputtered, embarrassed at the way Rin smiled at you as he had caught you ogling at his body as he knew you were not thinking innocent things.

"You must've been thinking of something pretty dirty to get so flustered, huh, cutie?" He became smug, holding the shirt in his hand instead of putting it on and you turned away, "N-n-n-no, you're not going to s-seduce me into staying here with you, we're having a picnic!"

"Ehh... A picnic?" His face dropped and you pouted, "Yes, hurry up." You saw the way his eyes rolled and you huffed, "If you don't want to then I'll just go-"

"No!"

You had turned around and stopped at his sudden yell, you didn't see the face you made and he continued when you didn't make any indications that you were going to leave, "I'll go, just let me change quickly..."

You stayed silent, smiling as he wasn't aware, "And I'm not going cause I feel like I have to... I want to go."

Rin had taken the basket from you when he noticed how it seemed to be slowing you down, he didn't question the weight of it when he saw the way you beamed at him when you both finally reached the park. He walked towards a bench without looking to where you had gone off to when he suddenly heard your voice, "Rin, over here!"

You were standing on the grass, a couple of flowers sprouting beside your legs and the sun lit up your hair, your smiling was so pretty and Rin didn't move until couple of seconds later, as the slight breeze blew your hair and he walked to you slowly while looking at the ground below you, "There's a bench over there."

"We're sitting on the floor, it's a picnic." You spoke stubbornly and your eyes hardened when you neared him, chest to chest when you watched his cheeks go pink as he looked around due to your sudden change in behaviour. You stared up at him and smiled, "I've got a blanket for your highness, we don't have to sit on the dirt." You winked and he frowned, "Whatever."

You grabbed the blanket from the basket and laid it out as he took the opportunity to look inside the basket, he was discouraged to go when he saw huge bentos tied in tea towels to hold them together. You took the basket from him and placed it down, taking your shoes off to put them on the edge of the blanket as you sat and opened the basket.

He sighed down at you and then did the same in a reluctant manner, feeling odd for doing something that just wasn't him, he'd take a chance if it was for you though. You took out the bentos, unwrapped them and took them apart while Rin sat before you, crossing his legs and slouching his back like a lazy child.

Despite his childish behaviour, you still smiled in accomplishment and laid out a container of rice, one of meat and another of small sausages in the shape of cute octopus. There was something vegetables too and also rice balls for the both of you, "Don't just sit there, honey, I made these all for you."

He looked up from the food and saw you, he admired the expression on your face as you turned pink a little, refusing to make eye contact and he picked up a pair of chopsticks, he didn't say anything and took a sausage, eating it as he looked at the vegetables and took some of that too.

He ate some rice next, embarrassed when he took note of the peas on the rice shaped into a heart, "Well?"

You watched him eat, staring as he ate everything without a comment being made on the contents you made, "Well what?" He swallowed and you gestured to the food, "Well is it good or what?!"

He raised a brow at your exasperated voice as you shook with nerves, "I stayed up late to make this, is it good?!" He took in some more rice as his ruby eyes remained on you, silently and you pouted. You stopped and rolled your eyes when you leaned forward, "Come 'ere."

"Huh?"

You shocked him by rubbing your finger against the side of his lips, he turned red again and you smiled despite not having your question answered but it was enough that he was eating your food, right? It didn't look like he was forcing himself either.

"D-don't do embarrassing stuff like that!" He snapped at you and you laughed, eating the rice you'd gotten from his lips as he stared at your finger in horror. You grabbed your own chopsticks and grabbed some meat first, eating it with a small smile when you heard him though he refused to make eye contact as he admittedly muttered under his breath, shoving more food into his mouth after so he didn't have to repeat himself, "It tastes good, thanks.."

"I'm glad."