The gods hero

Jon walked through the town, a soft smile on his face. He watched his people, his minions, work. He believed he treated them right, no matter what any "hero" said.

"Your majesty!"

Jon hummed in confusion. A guard was running towards him, fear in his eyes. He seemed to be heavily bleeding.

"What's wrong?" Jon questioned, studying the heavy breathing man.

"The hero." The guard gasped, "he's in the Dracomine Forest. He's too strong."

"For you maybe." Jon turned and signaled one of the women around the square. "Bring this man to the healers den. Have him treated."

"My king, what will you do?" One of the guards stepped forward from the sideline.

Jon smirked, the grin growing like a Cheshire Cat. He laughed, a cold and calculated sound.

"Well," Jon stared at the gates with pure malicion, "I'm gonna take down another hero. Let's see what guard the gods sent now."

Uni sliced through the branches. He had to abandon his horse early on due to the thick woods. He was on his way to defeat the evil, or die trying.

That's what the gods said at least. When they chose him, they gave a whole speech about what to do, and how.

"This is so stupid." Uni grumbled as he stepped into a clearing.

"I agree."

Uni pulled out his sword and looked up. Floating in the air was the evil, Lord Jonathon.

"I have been sent to kill you!" Uni called, pointing his sword up at the very tall, very scary faced man. He hoped his shaking hand wouldn't be noticed.

"Holy shit you're young." Jon landed with ease and stared at Uni. "Like jeez. Most heroes that are sent are mid-twenties to early-thirties. How old are you?"

Uni narrowed his eyes as he spoke. "Seventeen."

Jon continued to stare before sighing. "Well then. Guess I'm taking down a kid."

"You will not kill me!" Uni yelled.

"I won't kill a kid." Jon stretched and smiled at Uni. "I'll just stop you."

Uni shot at Jon and swung. His opponent stepped to the side, watching Uni fall slightly from the wait of the sword.

"You know," Jon watched Uni get ready for another swing, "they should send someone who could actually carry a sword like that one."

Uni yelled a battle cry and lunged at Jon. Jon ducked and caught Uni's arm. He twisted it, causing Uni to drop the sword.

Uni hit Jon with a glowing fist. Jon stumbled back and glared. He cleared his throat and starting laughing.

Uni was caught off guard. Why was he laughing? Without warning, the ground started to shake. Uni looked down, fear in his eyes, as the ground gave way beneath him. A string of curses escaped his lips, ending as Uni hit the pits ground with a thud and a crack.

"Ouch." Jon landed next to Uni. "That looked painful."

Uni groaned. He tried to move, but instantly regretted it. A splitting pain ran through him. Uni cried out. His skull was fractured, as well as several ribs and a leg.

Jon looked down at the injured boy. He crouched and ran a hand through Uni's hair.

"It's ok." Jon smiled at him. "You won't have to listen to the gods anymore."

He carefully picked Uni up, now aware that he had fainted do to his head injury. His voice was soft as he continued. "I'll make sure they don't make you risk your life again."

Uni opened his eyes. It was blurry.

"Where are my glasses." He questioned, sitting up and surveying the room.

"Here." A polite voice said, handing him his spectacles, "it's good to see you awake."

"Where am I." Uni took in the room. It was an infirmary, but that's all Uni could tell. He was surrounded by a curtain, blocking him off from the rest. He turned to the women, his mouth unable to form words when he recognized her.

"Surprised at the fact that Jon saved you?" Ashlie asked, a grin forming on her tanned face.

"You're. You're." Uni stared, unable to speak due to surprise.

"Lord Ashlie." She smiled sweetly, "and you are?"

"U-Uni." He stuttered.

"Well Uni," Ashlie said, "welcome to our kingdom."

"H-how am I alive?"

"Jon didn't want a child to die because the gods are too pathetic to kill the person they outcasted." Ashlie shrugged.

"Outcasted?"

"Jon was a god." Ashlie sighed, "the god of destruction and laughter."

"I was fighting a god!" Uni exclaimed, hissing at the sudden pain in his ribs.

"Yeah." Ashlie laughed. "You could of done a lot worse to."

"Oh dear hell." Uni took his face in his hands, "I was fighting a god."

Ashlie laughed again. She smiled at Uni and stood up. "Get some rest. You'll be staying here, for now."

Uni stared up at her and nodded. Ashlie nodded back and walked away, leaving the confused hero to rest.