[17]

You sat in a rebel jail cell with your head in your hands. You supposed you could now say you had been in jail on both sides. But each time you'd done nothing wrong. All you'd been doing was your job. You were tired of being locked up for nothing.

"We'll get out of this." You heard Din say. You sighed as you looked up. "You heard what Karga said, the guild is going into hiding for awhile. They can't help us anymore." You noted and Din nodded. "But that doesn't mean we should try to get out of this illegaly."

You looked at him with a raised eyebrow, remembering when you were back in the Imerial jail cell.

"Look that was different, and you still won your case so technically you hadn't done anything illegal." He said as he pointed at you and you shook your head with a smile. Soon the blast door opened and you looked up to see a female with a clipboard walk in. You recognized her. "Bre?" You asked as you stood. She looked at you, her eyes almost widened with surprise.

She shook her head. "I thought you were smarter than this. You were very cocky the last time we met." She said and you shrugged. "I was sent to do a job, and it turned out you had a rebel spy behind the lines. Well done." You said and she shrugged with a smile.

"I thought I told you and your brother about what the Empire would do." You noted, remembering back to when you had crashed on that dreadful planet. She shrugged. "My brother and I both left.. But I returned more as a behind the scenes worker. I don't work on the front lines anymore." She said. You nodded understandingly.

"Listen, what you did for my brother and I, we couldn't even begin to count our lucky stars. I'm going to do everything I can to get you both free." Bre said and you nodded with a smile. Bre soon left after having a short interview with you and you noticed Din had been silent the entire time.

You looked over at Din. He tilted his head, "How do you know her?" He asked as he leaned against the wall while sitting with his arms folded.

"On that planet I crashed on awhile back, they found me. I may have held them hostage for awhile to keep my position safe from their whole rebel army. But I let her and her brother go. They were new to the rebellion and they sure as hell weren't on the Empire's radar yet." You explained and Din nodded.

It was silent for a long while before Din spoke up again. "We shouldn't have taken this mission." You nodded with a sigh, "We should have thought about the risk. We were so blind." He continued. You got up and sat next to him. You placed a hand on his shoulder and he turned to look at you. "Don't you start beating yourself up now. You know our job is dangerous, it's better we ended up here rather than dead." You said. Din was silent for a few moments before you heard an audible sigh. "I just wish you didn't come with me. I don't want you having to be dragged in this same shit again." He growled as he leaned forward, his arms now resting on his legs as he looked down. You shook your head.

"I'd rather us do this together than you go through this alone."

---->>

You could have sworn you were dreaming, but when you were suddenly awake it was nothing like a dream. Din was shaking you awake, even the ship seemed to be shaking terribly. There were sirens and red lights flashing.

"We have our chance, we need to go." He said as he noticed you were awake. You sat up immediately. "Why? What's happening?" You asked and Din pushed open the broken door. "The Rebels are making one last attack on the Empire to erraticate them." He said as he then let out a grunt after pushing open the door.

As you and Din left your cell, there was a compartment in the wall that you opened. Bingo.

All of yours and Din's items lay inside, blasters, credits, ect. "Din!" You motioned after he had finished checking the hallway. He jogged over and you quickly handed him his items.

"How did you know-" He began and you gave a sly smile. "This isn't my first rodeo Mando." You said as you then walked past him. "We need a game plan." Din said as you leaned against the wall, checking the hallway.

"Yeah I got one. It's called 'let's get the hell off this ship'." You said. You then jogged in the directions of where the escape pods should be.

But the ship must have been hit by large blasterfire when it shook violently, forcing you against a wall so you wouldn't fall over. Din tumbled in your direction and had to brace himself against the wall as well. He had both arms pressed against the wall, each on one side of your head. You looked up at him as he looked down at you.

You knew it was by pure accident but the way his dominant presence loomed over you was almost... intoxicating. And the way the red light reflected on his armor made the moment more exhilarating. Din seemed to linger a moment as well, you felt something spark in you but soon that light was gone when he backed away. You cleared your throat and continued down the hallway.

You were able to keep up with Din but your focus was all over. You couldn't stop thinking about how Din had stood over you like that moments ago.

Eventually, you had to regain that focus as you'd both reached the pods. "I'll have to wire this. I don't know the code for it." You stated and Din shook his head. "I have a better idea." He shot at the panel which by some miracle opened the escape pod up. You both scurried in it and shot off into space.