1 - CORNER ONE

Author's Note:

You know the expression 'it's just a walk in the park?'

This was written during a walk in the park.

Actually written in part on a park bench.

On my damn phone.

Not to forget before I got home.

And now it lives here.

Good luck everyone.

If you know me, you already know the ending.

But it's all about the beginning and the middle.

Nonetheless.

bobbiejelly

You Know, I Know The Feeling...

Square tables sure are the worst things, like, ever. (Except for maybe, love-squares, of course,).

A fanfiction involving Addison Montgomery, Meredith Grey, Derek Shepherd & Mark Sloan.

Rated somewhere between T and M, I guess. Grey's Anatomy and also Private Practice.

A Four-Shot for Four Fabulous Fast Friends. MerDer. MerAdd. Maddison. MarkAndDerek.

Chapter 1: CORNER ONE

"Square tables really suck for four people for drinks," Derek Shepherd complains loudly to the others, his newly ex-girlfriend Meredith Grey, his current best friend Mark Sloan, and Mark's ex-girlfriend Addison Montgomery, who also happened to be Derek Shepherd's ex-wife quite some time ago.

And now they're friends sort of, which doesn't seem to make sense.

And once would think that the square shape would be symbolically soothing to their existential existence as the double-dating, or ex-double-dating kind of friends that they are, now.

"Square tables really do suck for four people for drinks, because you're sat there next to one person, yet you're across from the two others, and you can't seem to focus your attention in the proper direction," Addison articulates her thoughts cryptically.

"If you hate sitting at the damn table so much, would you get us another round, then?" Mark asks them to take a break before they ruin the evening.

"Ooh, if you're getting up can you get more lime and ice chips?" Meredith asks them both sweetly, and both of them give her a nod.

The four of them are drinking together that night, the first time they'd seen each other since Meredith had broken up with Derek two weeks ago and still hadn't told him why.

Mark and Addison are also drowning their sorrows because Addison broke up with Mark three weeks ago when she found him cheating on her with a drug representative.

And just to clear the air and see what sort of friendship they could manage to salvage, Addison had had the 'excellent on principle, but terrible so far in practice,' idea of this non-double-date drinks thing.

A thing, during which, Addison herself sat next to Mark while staring across the table between Derek and Meredith. And Meredith sat next to Derek while staring across the table between Mark and Addison.

And now the two people who used to be married to each other both leave together to go get more ice-chips and limes and the two people who have never been a thing at all more than friends, ever, are now sitting alone waiting for their ex-somethings.

"You know, we could try to be a thing, me and you?" Meredith tries lamely to diffuse the tension to Mark.

"Last time I suggested that I landed face-first on the floor bleeding of Seattle Grace Hospital," Mark says to her bitterly, wincing at the memory as if still in pain.

And somehow the laughter between those two that followed seemed to make this whole thing slightly less sucky, for a split-second, at least.

As they are currently still stuck staring at each other from across the stupid sucky square table.

**** END OF CHAPTER ONE

Author's Note 2:

Well, it was going to be a one-shot until four chapters seemed poetic to symbolize the four corners of the stupid sucky square table and the four separate points of a love square.

Let me know what you think of this so far, hope you'll take it as seriously as I do, which I don't.

Have a nice day, hope you'll leave me a note.

bobbiejelly

***** THANK YOU FOR READING! SEE YOU ALL IN THE COMMENTS!*****

Further Reading, (Other works you may like. These are my other MerAdd works so far...): Falling Apart, Barely Breathing Soothe Chasing Butterflies A Seattle Grace Mercy West Swingers Party - Post Plane Crash Edition McCravings RED is the new BLACK. Five Reasons We Knew Calzona Was Made For Each Other & Five + More 6 Sentence Fics Out Of The Dark Hello, Seattle Peace Of My Heart Meredith gets her Mojo Back Tears Shed From A Drunken Conversation Who Can Screw the Shepherd Siblings Better? A Sex Bet Between Addison Montgomery and Mark Sloan. Elevator To Heaven To Build A Home - For Me & For You Sights of Seattle, Stars in the Sky Meredith Makes Her McCHOICE of a Lifetime. Chief Montgomery's Seductress MerAdd PROMPTS Consultation for bobbiejelly - INPUT REQUESTED ! After Italian 'Merley' (Meredith Grey/Miranda Bailey), eventual MerAdd (Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery), mostly for Lesbi_Honest_FP The whole MerAdd Series: MerAdd My Heart 3

Author's Note 3: Much love, bobbiejelly bobbiejelly