4 - CORNER FOUR

Author's Note:

For LordOfLezzies on Ao3... Again!

Because you love the big gay cover-up wedding, And this is 'right up your alley.'

Shoutout to Hotgitay and 1 other guest, whoever you are.

Also for danielaperezsurga and outlawqueenpercabeth who liked this on Wattpad.

bobbiejelly

You Know, I Know The Feeling

Square tables sure are the worst things, like, ever (Except for maybe, love-squares, of course).

A fanfiction involving Addison Montgomery, Meredith Grey, Derek Shepherd & Mark Sloan.

Rated somewhere between T and M, I guess. Grey's Anatomy and also Private Practice.

A Four-Shot for Four Fabulous Fast Friends. MerDer. MerAdd. Maddison. MarkAndDerek.

Chapter 4: CORNER FOUR

"Ice chips!" Meredith Grey says excitedly as Derek Shepherd and Addison Montgomery return to the stupid sucky square table to offer the tray out to them.

"Here, take the limes if you want, Mark Sloan," Meredith offers to him sweetly, as she's gotten to know him enough in the past hour to know that he likes them.

At this seemingly natural gesture, Addison and Derek give each other a horrified look, as if to say 'what if the two of them got together while we were gone, and we're now both completely fucked?'.

But neither of the four of them, not Mark, Derek, Addison, or Meredith is ready nor willing to come clean with the truth right now.

So Mark and Meredith simply slide over to the inner corners of the stupid sucky square table as they motion for one of them to join the seat next to them.

Addison wants to sit to Meredith, but she doesn't, and she sighs as she makes the safe choice and sits next to Mark.

Derek wants to sit to Mark, but he doesn't, and he sighs as he makes the safe choice and sits next to Meredith.

And Mark and Meredith each give each other a sympathetic look as if to say 'sorry your "knight in shining...whatever" didn't just sweep you off your feet slash sit next to you right now'.

And this look doesn't go unnoticed by Addison nor Derek, but the knowing sympathetic look is misinterpreted as affection.

And it makes both of them extremely jealous, and of course, as we know, they are jealous OF their most recent ex-somethings.

Derek is jealous of Addison for sitting by Mark.

Addison is jealous of Derek for sitting by Meredith.

And off Mark and Meredith's clearly significant look...

Derek and Addison exchange a clearly significant look with each other.

And they used to be each other's 'significant other'.

So finally Meredith has more of a temper so she asks them to "cut it out" because they've "been divorced already".

So Derek and Addison look away from each other because they've been called out for that.

And Addison ends up turning towards Mark again because she's supposed to.

And Mark is still turned towards Meredith because she was just yelling.

And Derek gets upset that Mark is staring at Meredith because it's the worst possible outcome that his best-friend who he's secretly in love with would steal his most-recent ex-girlfriend after Mark had already slept with his ex-wife.