Break Apart

Jay POV

"I'm just saying that you shouldn't attack someone unless it is actually needed." Lloyd said as Zane and I walked with him to school.

"We aren't per say attacking. We are just defending. Not everything needs to end in fighting. There are other ways to end a conflict, Lloyd." I explained as I laughed at Zane's expression.

"I will admit that we do come off a little head strong on some of the people, but isn't that to be expected? We are teenagers. It is in our blood to be stupid." Zane said as he gave me a fist bump.

"They don't know that though, Zane." Lloyd exasperated.

I just laughed as I patted Lloyd on the back. It was good to finally have people to joke around about this sort of thing. Especially with Zane on the front lines with me. Lloyd stayed behind with Master Wu and guided us on some of our missions. It was actually fun. It was nice having certain bonds and similar things in common with people.

"What are you guys yapping about?" Kai asked as he came over with Nya and messed up my hair.

"It sounds like a fight." Nya said as she crossed her arms slightly.

"It is nothing of the sort, water lily. We were actually talking about some of our new protectors fighting techniques." I said as I held her hand.

"Yeah. They are awesome. I would love to be like them. You know, stopping crime everywhere." Cole said as he joined our little group.

"You could already probably take some of the people on, boulder brain." Kai sighed as he looked at him.

"Hey. I'm a lover, not a fighter." Cole said as he put his arms up in defense.

"A lover to cake maybe. I wouldn't say the same thing about Morro and Nadakhan though." I said as I laughed slightly.

"And I thought you said that you wouldn't bring that up again." Cole said as he crossed his arms at me.

I just laughed and continued to walk down to my locker. Morro and Nadakhan weren't lurking around my locker or giving me death stares, which set my senses on haywire. Something was going on. Then, I saw Nadakhan look at me and he pointed at me to come over. Kai saw this, and started to go over.

"Wait, Kai. Let me deal with it. It will probably be okay. They just want to talk." I said as I pulled him back and walked in front.

I watched my friends look at me like I was crazy. I slowly turned back to Nadakhan and walked over there. I was trying to hide my emotions, but my heart was pounding like crazy. I felt like I was going to pass out, but I tried to not show it

"What do you want, Nadakhan?" I said as I looked at him.

"If only you knew, funny boy. My boss wanted me to give this to you. I am not going to fight you, yet." Nadakhan said as he gave me this yellow envelope.

I took it from his hands and walked to my locker without so much as looking at my friends. I needed to put this somewhere safe until I could look at it after school. I heard their calls for me to wait up, but I didn't care. This was big, and was probably bad, which was very concerning.

Most of the day dragged on. I did the best that I  could with acting like everything was fine, but I didn't know how much of it was showing that I was flipping out.

"What did Nadakhan want to talk to you about?" Lloyd asked me as we walked out at the end of the day.

"You don't need to worry about it, Lloyd." I said as I continued to walk in silence.

"Really? Then why have you been on high alert all day, huh?" Lloyd said as he tried to stop me.

"Look. I am tired and I need to go to sleep before my next shift. I don't want to get into an argument with you." I said as we approached Wu's house.