I Feel ..

A/N: so i'm in a self deprecating mood. so what better thing to do then write, right? so i'm sorry if it's unedited and poorly done. so instead of being a 27 year old adult and finding someone to talk too, i'm gonna be childish and write it out. so, please be warned. shit might get real and personal fast. also, yes some shit is what i've been through and battling. also don't send me sympathy. i write to cope. let me do so.

Tears roll down her rosy red cheeks, her whole entire body shaking as she listens to the man before her angry. Not at her but at the person who is on the phone currently. Every so often flinching and scooting down the couch further as his tone gets louder. She can tell he is pacing, his combat boots stomp the floor even if he does realize it. Her eyes are trained on the bedroom door, patiently waiting for the moment he appears.

His eyes red and his cheeks red just as her's are. Her hands are shaky and as she tries to find a happy center place, her leg bounces with the anxiety that's pouring down into her veins. Her mind flashing to where her ex used to be. How he did her, treated her, damaged her. How he took everything she could ever be in hopes to make the man happy. Only to get the end of the stick she never saw coming. The side of him that she refused to acknowledge even if the bruises were there.

She hadn't even realized she had dazed out and was in her own world until a loud clatter happened. A yelp coming from her mouth in which she covered it quick and waited patiently for the door to open. Her whole body now shaking as she waits for what to come from the man she has found herself to love so very much. So much it scares her beyond the very breaths she breathes to survive.

The door swings open, his hand in his hair now messy and mumbling under his breath explicits. His head down to watch his step. A fist balled at his side, redness around the very top of the fist. He sighs and flicks his eyes up to the couch. The woman before him scooted to the edge of the couch. Her fingers digging into her very old and worn out old navy sweats. Her purple tie dye motionless in white band t shirt she had gotten a couple years ago hanging off her shoulder.

A clear indication she had been terrified. She still is from the way her nails digging into the worn out sweats. Chris doesn't understand at first. It's not till he sees the shakiness of her hands reaching to fix the t shirt that he softens. His eyes widen in horror and he is at her side as fast as he can be. She whimpers. Despite the softness in his eyes, the obvious realization of what he had did. What he had awakened from her past. The very past he didn't ever plan to repeat.

His hands reach out for the woman, "Come here baby. I'm so sorry."

She flinches and curls into herself. Tears rolling down twice as much as she tells herself to stand up from the couch. An argument inside herself but she does. Her shaky legs bringing her to stand by the television stand. Her hands going to tangle themselves into the purple shirt. Her sobs picking up as Chris immediately feels awful for giving flash backs of her past.

"Baby."

He sighs.

"I'm not gonna hurt you."

His hands reach out for her.

"I promise."

His head ducks down once she refuses him.

Her legs give out and she falls to the carpeted floor. Her hands wrapping around her legs as she hides her face. Her sobs muffled by them now.

"Baby, i'm sorry."

Standing up from the couch, he leans down beside the woman. A hand going to her back and when she doesn't flinch from his touch, he finds himself scooting closer. His arms wrapping around her as he brings her to his chest. His phone ringing from the other room. He'll ignore it for the time being. It's not that important. It's not important and never had been.

His head rests atop of hers, "I'm so sorry baby. I won't hurt you. I will not ever once hurt you."

He whispers.

"I'm not him. I never will be him. I'm not ever gonna do you how he did you."

He moves the strands of the hair out of her face to find the green eyes filled with tears staring at him.

"I'm not gonna ever hurt you. I am sorry. I didn't meant to put you back in that place."

She nods, "I know but it just. I'm still healing. I'm still finding myself."

She whimpers, "I'm trying to not hate myself Chris. I'm trying to believe you won't be like him."

"I'm not like him baby. I'll continue to prove that as much as i can angel."

Chris whispers, pulling the woman into his lap.

"I'll prove that as long as i live. As long you let me."

He presses a kiss to the top of her head. His arms wrapping around her even tighter.