𝐕𝐈

6

"I've always been curious if getting fucked over a desk is as hot as they say it is," the world has many problems, yet that was mine. Some people are worrying about how they'll acquire food to put into their stomachs and I'm here thinking about sex positions. Great, now I feel guilty.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Ralph's shoulders rise and fall back down. Reaching for the bowl in between us, he got a handful of popcorn and stuffed it into the black hole which is his mouth.

"Why don't you ask Mr. Travino?" he replied in an annoyingly shrill voice, mockery dripping from every word.

At the mention of my ex-crush Daddy Travino, a wee bit of sadness washed over me. It's similar to the feeling I got when I found out that Justin Timberlake, my imaginary ex, was getting married when I was in an awkward teenage phase. Justin Timberlake, however, is far different from Keenan Travino, though random as Keenan is, I won't be surprised if he decides to wear all denim to a book launch.

"I told you," I sat up, hand smacking my friend's chest, "He's already seeing someone."

Ralph's eyes were glued to the film on the screen. Just when I thought he wasn't going to reply, he replied, "And?"

"Don't be stupid, Ralph," why do I sound like Kiki? "I won't ruin a growing relationship. That's mean," I crossed my arms in front of me, the glare on my face feeling heavy at my eyebrows.

"It's trendy," he said.

"Ralph," I warned. I am not one of those people nor will I ever be.

"I'm not saying it's right," he poked my cheek with a cheesy finger, "Just wanted to tell you that sadly, even marriages are broken by third parties."

"I know that," I hugged my purple bear to me chest, "And the info is unnecessary. I doubt I can ruin their relationship in the first place. Keenan is Keenan Travino and I'm... me," I had to remind myself before my hopes grow.

A pitiful expression masked Ralph's face. He grabbed my wrist and waved my hand around as he spoke, "You're Gianna Alexie and you're gonna conquer the world one day," said the man, "If it'll make you feel better, you can come with me and my girlfriend to a rave on Friday night."

"A rave?" I snorted, "No, thank you. Also, what do you mean girlfriend? Didn't you just have your first date?"

"The office romance has been going on for two months, Gi," he released me and paused the movie, "That date was the peak of all the shy co-worker flirting."

"Wow," I ran my fingers through D8FBD8's fur, "You got a girlfriend and you didn't even tell your best friend."

He rose a brow, "I'm telling you now, aren't I? And please, just come because you clearly need it. You can bring that Adil guy too so I can meet him."

I snorted at Adil, "I don't wanna lead him on yet."

"It doesn't have to mean anything," Ralph rolled his eyes.

"I think I'll stay home, Ralph," I settled.

"And work on the book?" he continued, "Let loose, Gianna."

"No," I made it sound as final as I could.

Ralph pursed his lips, hand reaching for what's left of the popcorn in the bowl, "I feel like I'm the typical best friend who forces the main girl to go to a party," he stuffed the popcorn into his mouth and I marveled at how much the man can eat without gaining a pound, "So fine, but if you ever change your mind, tell me. I don't like the idea of you turning into ash in your tiny apartment."