It was an Accident (Part II)

George sat anxiously at his terminal waiting for his flight to land so he could board. A thousand thoughts rushed through his head and his heart began to beat quickly. Sweat beaded on the side of his face and his lips were pulled into a thin line.

He was beyond worried for Clay and his family. George had spent the night preparing for the worst, thinking to himself what he would do if Clay finally kicked the bucket. Maybe get that programming job that was always in the back of his mind or dedicate part of his time to finding someone to love. He had a list and it was considerably extensive.

"Flight 214 in Terminal A5 will be arriving in a few short moments. First class please make your way to the front and we will scan your tickets. Everyone else please wait until your class is called."

George stood up and shuffled to the front, pulling one suitcase and a small carry-on behind him. Yes, George had bought a first class ticket and it was by no means cheap. He had spent all his money in his account and then some just to pay for it. To be honest, the British programmer didn't know he could make the money back quickly, if at all.

"Excuse me, sir. Could I please see your ticket to board?" The young lady asking George for his ticket gave him an impatient stare. "Oh, I'm sorry. Here you are," George held out his left hand and let the woman scan his ticket. "Thank you sir. You may now board the flight. It's finally pulled up to the bay."

Taking in a deep breath, George began walking down the landing into the plane. He was still anxious and pleaded with whomever was listening to keep Clay alive just a little bit longer.

----------------------------------------------------

"Please buckle your seatbelts and prepare for takeoff. Please do not take turn on your electronics until we have gotten to a safe height and when we have, there is free wifi to use on the plane. Thank you." A crackly voice sounded over the plane intercom as George stared out his window. The asphalt was shimmering with a light rain and fog covered a good chunk of his view. This was nearly every day in England.

George suddenly felt the plane begin to back up slowly before turning out of the terminal bay. The plane was directed to one of the closer take off lanes as it waiting for its turn to take off. It took about 20 minutes of waiting and when the plane pulled up to its take off location, George began to feel even more anxious than when he boarded.

A roar sounded from the plane's engine and a whir could be heard from behind. It sounded like a weapon powering and there was a sudden lurch as the plane began to move, speed increasing. George was pushed to the back of his seat and the speed finally hit. The plane shot forward as if it were a bullet out of a gun and the wheels were lifted off the ground.

Below him, George saw the London skyline fade beneath the fog until it became nothing but a faded line. It looked oddly beautiful. Something so magnificent fading so quickly into the background; it was peaceful and he hoped Clay wouldn't go so quickly.

----------------------------------------------------

Once the plane had reached its designated flight height (oops, rhyme time :o ), George took out his laptop and connected to the plane's local wifi. It was horribly spotty and he was kicked multiple times when attempting to accomplish a few programming deadlines before he had to land. It was frustrating, but despite the annoyance George actually managed to complete one of his assignments.

Ding ding

George looked down and saw a message come through his phone. It was from Clay's mother.

'George, when you arrive, please let me know. I will come get you at the front of the airport and from there, I will take you to my house and let you sleep in one of the spare rooms. Hotels here can be expensive and I want you to save some money.'