Outer Banks, Paradise On Earth

We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

~~✰~~

Lazily sitting on the deck of the new Kook house being built, Elayna lets herself relax in the calming wind and comforting smell of saltwater. Realistically, the girl knows she shouldn't be doing this. Breaking in and entering just to hang out-when they all know about a dozen legal spots to this exact thing instead. Yet, the blonde teen couldn't bring herself to give a flying fuck. 

They're the Pogues-they do stupid shit like this all the time. It's like danger and adventure draws them in, leaving them with no other option than to run in headfirst. 

Taking a long swig of her beer, Elayna half-heartedly listens to the boy's bickering about John B on the roof, "That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival."

Dragging her eyes up to the roof where JJ and John B reside, Elayna lets a small smile creep up her face as John B licks his finger and sticks it up in the air, "Hm. Should I do it?"

Cupping her hands around her mouth, the beach blonde girl laughs as she yells, "C'mon John B! Use Pope to cushion your fall!"

"I'll shoot you on the way down!" Pope yells in retaliation, pointing a drill straight at the brunet boy's face. 

"You're gonna shoot me?"

"Yep"

"Pew!"

Laughing at the boy's antics, Elayna looks to her left as her best friend Kiara, or Kie as they all call her, emerges from the house, "They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers."

Shaking his head in annoyance, JJ responds to the agitated teen with, "Of course. Why wouldn't they?"

Placing her beer down, Elayna hops up soundlessly from her position on the floor as she says, "Don't they have enough money to...I don't know donate? I mean, if they can have fancy Japenese toilets, they can have a little sympathy."

Waving her arms around in aggravation, Kiara continues her rant, "This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?"

"I can't have cold towels," JJ says, with a look of mock outrage on his face.

"I'll steal a nice warm towel for you, Amigo," Elayna laughs out, a playful smirk on her face.

Putting a hand to his chest as though what Elayna just said made his day, JJ goes along with her, "You'd really do that for me, Layna?"

"Only for you, bubba."

Interrupting their banter, Kie looks up to John B, trying to hide her concern with annoyance, "Can you please not kill yourself?"

Directing his attention back to his best friend, JJ playfully threatens him, "Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one."

Lifting one foot off the roof, John B sways as he tries to regain his balance. Quirking an eyebrow at him, because there is no way this is going to go well, Elayna giggles as John B drops his beer just like everyone suspected him to.