Chapter 3- Toriel

I shut my eyes in fear, sensing the circle of bullets constrict around my soul... Ahh! I open my eyes. Flowey is gone, and now there is a goat-like creature looking at me kindly. "What a terrible creature, torturing such a poor, innocent youth..." It mumbles. I stare. "Ah, do not be afraid my child," It reassures me. "I am Toriel, caretaker of the Ruins, and I pass through here every day to see if anyone has fallen down." She explains. "You are the only human that's been here for a long time." Knowing that she is friendly, it fills me with... DETERMINATION. "Come, I will guide you through the catacombs," She beckons.

"This way," Toriel prompts. I follow her. We walk into a room with some stone tablets on the floor and a lever on the wall. She walks on a select few and pulls the switch. "This is a puzzle. Adjust yourself to the sight of them." She says. "Why would there be puzzles everywhere?"  I ask myself.

[TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY MOI LAZY ASS]

After arriving at Toriel's house, I hear my stomach grumble. "Oh dear, you must be famished, child!" Toriel exclaims. I nod enthusiastically and think: "Hell yeah, Toriel!" I feel my eyes droop. "You go and rest while I fix you something, Frisk." She offers. I sigh and enter a bedroom. "Damn, I'm tired..." I think, right before everything goes black.

I wake up to see a plate of pie next to the bed I passed out on. I pick it up and inhale it. (Not literally XD) My sweater is ripped, so I get up and rummage around in a chest of drawers. "Dresses? Mm... Not my thing..." I mumble, looking for suitable clothes. "Ah ha!" I say, looking at intact grey leggings, black combat boots, and a striped t-shirt. I walk out feeling decent. "Toriel?" I call, wondering where she went. "Over here, child." I hear her reply. I enter another room and see her reading a book on... snails? "Okay then..." I think. "What do you need?" She asks. "How and when can I leave?" I inquire. She looks uncomfortable. "Why don't I tell you an exciting snail fact?" She says. "Changing the subject..." I think. "Snails can sleep for over a year!" Toriel informs me. I ask again if whether or not I can go home. She walks away. I follow. "You want to know how to go 'home', yes?" She asks. I nod. "I need to know if you can survive outside the ruins." Her face pinching. We then enter a fight.

[ANOTHER LAZY ASS TIME SKIP]

I press the mercy button once again. Toriel sadly says: "I understand. You would only feel trapped down here." She gives me a hug and leaves.