Who's Little Bug?

"Tess that's enough giggling," Sarah ordered. "It's not funny to have a sore nose. I know you certainly wouldn't be laughing if you had one."

"Sorry Miss," Tess said, sounding not even the slightest bit apologetic.

Sarah stiffled a sigh, sometimes running an orphanage made her question her life choices. These kids just didn't seem to learn anything from her or their own actions.

"Now Bato. How did this happen?" she asked, gently putting a plaster over the top of his nose.

"That runt that lives with his sister. Little Bug," Bato spat grumpily. "He got me right on the nose with a stone."

"Little Bug? I don't believe there's anyone in this village called that. What a ridiculous name it would be. I can't imagine anyone being able to live a name like that down. Why don't you tell me his real name?" Sarah suggested.

"We don't know his real name," Tess piped.

"Then why is he called Little Bug?"

"Because... Uh... We don't know him. We call him Little Bug because..."

Bato trailed off.

"Because he's someone we bully," Sarah finished for him. "And now he's decided to take action against. I probably don't even need to ask if you were throwing stones at him first. In a way, your sore nose serves you right."

Bato nodded glumly. Tess looked down at her feet.

"That looks like more appropriate behavior. Tomorrow we'll go and apologize to the poor boy you've been mistreating. Understood?"

"Yes Miss."