15. I am Jealous

"You made me start to believe for the first time..."

°|•°|•°|•°|•

Taylor Swift's Medley at AMAs 😍

Fae's POV
Jin's invite made me smile.

I made sure to complete my tasks thirty minutes before my usual checkout time. My boss, Sehun, happily let me leave early, and I went home to take a nice, long shower and freshen up.

I dressed up. I slid on a dress that went to my knees and it was fitting. Not tight, because I loved to be able to feel my skin breathe. I settled for three inch wedges and had on pearl earrings and a clutch as accessories. My dress was mauve, while my clutch was grey with a silver and pearl clasp. I liked it very much.

He picked me up at half past seven, his eyes widening as we both realized that this was the one time I actually dressed up for our hangout.

Or was it a date?

I actually really wished it would be a date for the two of us. I had never really been on one and-

"You're gorgeous."

He looked really good too. Jin's height went really well with mine, and our skin tones too. When we held hands, we looked good together. We had so many photos of us holding hands just for the fun of it.

"Can we do something strange together?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders then smiled and nodded. He whipped his phone out and took a selfie of the two of us, before asking me to stand facing him. He took a photo of our feet then sent it to me.

It was really cute of him.

He led me to our table and helped me into my seat. I couldn't help thinking of how much of a gentleman he was. It felt great to be with him there. I couldn't help letting the feeling of being pampered wash over me as he helped me place my order, and asked if I was warm enough.

Jin was so sweet.

He held my hand and I didn't stop him. I liked holding his hand too. The reassuring warmth was something I didn't want to forget. We were lost in our own little world, unable to look away from each other, when suddenly someone pulled a seat and sat between Jin and I.

We both turned, and my eyes widened at seeing a gorgeous guy with a dimpled smile looking right at me. Who was this-

"Namjoon, what are you doing here?"

"I brought him," we heard, and turned to the seat directly opposite Namjoon's to see a lady my height, but  Asian, looking at us. I looked at Jin in question, but he shrugged his shoulders. I had to throw a look in Namjoon's direction. He grinned and waved at me like he didn't just do something wrong.

"I knew you were coming over for a meal, I just didn't think it would be a date," Namjoon teased. I looked at Jin who sighed.

"Why are you here?"

"Heidi and I were supposed to meet you today. I guess we came at a great time! Let's sit with you. Heidi, have a seat!"

Jin's eyes widened, and he let go of my hand to stand up and pull out her seat. I looked from my hand to his, to Heidi then Namjoon who seemed intent on ruining our once peaceful meeting.

'Was it not a date?'

I looked at Jin once he was all settled. I left my hand on the table, expecting him to hold it, but he merely turned to both Namjoon and Heidi to catch up. I felt all alone, as I watched them converse in rapid Korean.

This was what it felt like to be alone.

I was back to being the second lead.

My sad mood only made things worse, as one of the waiters tripped and dumped soup all over my outfit. I had been sitting there for thirty minutes, feeling ignored, but I bore with it. When the waiter dumped all that soup on me, my emotions finally boiled over.

Then I was getting up, picking my bag, and leaving for my house.

"Fae...!"

I didn't look back. I couldn't dare to. Everyone could already see how I looked, how my dress clung to me like a second skin. I was embarrassed, and seeing myself all alone in that crowded room hurt me to the core.

"Fae...!"

I didn't stop as I grabbed my coat at the door and hailed a taxi right outside the restaurant. Jin was trying to catch up to me but I didn't look at him. He grabbed my hand and tried to turn me around but I pulled away from him and got into the cab.

"Fae! Don't!"

"Please drive," I told the driver and sank back against the seat of the car as it took off. From the side mirror, I saw Jin run his fingers through his hair in frustration. Then he was pulling out his phone and calling someone.

I didn't bother to see if it was me he was calling.

I felt awful leaving, but the amount of jealousy in my heart couldn't allow me to persevere anymore. Before, with Gregory, I had let it not lead me to anger, but seeing Jin today made me so angry.

I knew it was a plan by that Namjoon, but I really didn't care anymore. If Jin wasn't going to spare me a glance at a dinner he invited me to because of another woman, I wouldn't be party to it.

I was very upset when I went to bed later. I didn't sleep well as I fumed about the whole thing. Jin called numerous times but I didn't pick it up.

Neither did I sleep.

"Darn you Jin!"