29. Dizzy Choice 2

"...I see, sparks fly
Whenever you smile..."

•|°•|°•|°•|°

Taylor Swift's 'Look What You Made Me Do' by Haschak Sisters

Fae's POV
Seunghyun had us take the train to Dalestone. He said he had to be back at Setstone before midnight, and so suggested that the 24/7 available train be our means there.

I listened, though I snagged a promotion T-shirt from Sehun before we left. I had worn jeans and a blouse to the office, so I took the T-shirt in case I decided to go spend the night at Yehstone or got stuck in Dalestone in case of a delay.

Of course my date didn't seem too bothered about rewinding his clothes. I found myself envying him as he sat beside me, his long limbs somehow arranged strategically to fit into the small seat.

I was much shorter but even I didn't really like the economy class seats.

He bought snacks to make up for cramming us in those horrible seats, and I found myself lighting up a little. We talked about how school was back in the day, what had changed now, and then laughed about all the funny gifts we could win at the annual carnival in town.

I liked how friendly we were with each other.

"So, tell me about how you and Jin met," I said and looked over at him. Seunghyun shifted, clearly uncomfortable about it. "Cmon!"

"Okay, so you know that Kusistone is like the Korean Capital right? Well... I have family down there, so in the summer we'd go down and visit them. When I was fourteen, I met Jin for the first time. We were neighbours, and we became good friends. He was twelve then, and so we kind of hit it off."

"I see," I replied. "Give me the dirt."

"You seem eager to hear about how we stopped talking, but actually, Jin and I were friends until when I turned twenty one. There was this girl who I liked, and Jin had the same feelings towards her."

"Aaah. So this is about a girl."

Seunghyun turned to me. "If you don't shut up, I am going to kiss you."

I stared at him and blinked in surprise. He smiled and went on with his tale. "So, Jin and I liked the same girl. She was his age, her father was my dad's workmate and friend, so we met often. Jin didn't like that we knew each other that well... I don't know. All of a sudden, he just didn't want to hang out anymore."

"Then...?"

"Then she got upset and tried to talk to him. He must have said something to her, and she came looking for me to cry about it. She didn't tell me what he said, but the next time I saw her, she had pretty much moved on with a guy from Harvard. Then she too transferred there and we never saw her again."

"Do you remember her name?"

Seunghyun smiled. "How could I ever forget her? She was the most beautiful girl in the neighbourhood. Her father inherited their family business, and last I heard, he passed it down to her. She is the heiress right now."

I nodded. "So... Is it true that the Chois are filthy rich?"

Seunghyun smiled. "Why? Will it tip the scales in my favour?"

"Eh, not really."

"Damn girl! You really don't care about me, do you?"

I laughed. "You have your childhood crush to think about you know..."

°•°•°•°•

We made it at half past seven to Dalestone. I made sure to have some mobile money with me after I withdrew it from my account. It wasn't much, just enough to get a decent room in the city in case I slept over, and fare back to Setstone.

If the dinner ended early, perhaps I would be able to make it to Yehstone?

Seunghyun got us a taxi to Circuit Street, where the prestigious Yan Hotel was located. I had only been there once when I was a teenager. I participated in a nationally ranked English competition and came top of my year. My parents booked a table and we had some of the best rib eye steak in my entire life.

Yan Hotel was on one of the richest streets in the city, with the ever inspiring Tower of Technology and the futuristic Space Tower on the same street. The Space Tower was the tallest building in Dalestone, and you could see the entire city from it.

We were quickly shown in when we alighted, and Seunghyun received an especially warm welcome from the manager herself. She guided us to the second best table in the house, and he pulled out my seat for me.

I could tell that those two had a lot to talk about, so I fished out my phone just in time to see Jin calling.

"Hi! What's up?"

"Come outside, we need to talk."

"What?"

"I can see you. It is urgent. Hurry!"

The call ended and I stared at my phone strangely. That was not the only strange thing though. Seunghyun and the manager's eyes were trained on a table that had the girl Namjoon brought to Jin and I's first date.

"Cate, isn't that..."

"Heidi...?"

That was my cue. I quietly picked my stuff while they were still looking at her and ran.