| 5 |

So far Alastor has been keeping his word, attempting to cheer you up by bringing you to several places, he's taken you to a cafe, a shop and now you two are heading to a park. You weren't used to all the attention but at least it was keeping your mind busy, Alastor was chatting amiably about a topic you forgot, he didn't seem to notice you stopped listening. The deer demon stopped himself and then stared at you.

"Are you alright, dear?" He asked curiously, you mumbled a simple response, he raised an eyebrow. "Well, we're almost to the park, I sure hope my efforts are working." Alastor added, grinning as always.

You gave him a shrug and clutched the dress Rosie gave you, all of the time you spent with him so far you've been trying to keep up your usual cold act, for some reason you couldn't. Alastor hummed a tune while you walked, you come to the conclusion that the Radio Demon's efforts were secretly touching.

Sure, he was quite annoying at times, but he's being strangely sweet and charming. You two reach a park, a few benches surrounded by some plants like trees and bushes with flowers, a single fountain in the center, and it seemed you and Alastor were alone. "Here we are!" Alastor announced, he led you to a bench and gestured to you, "Ladies first." He said in an oddly sweet tone, you sat down and he sat beside you, keeping a small distance. Your tail twitched a little, the silence wasn't uncomfortable but you felt a little awkward. What exactly will you two talk about?

"May I ask you a question?" Alastor broke the silence, you raised an eyebrow.

"Depends on the question, what is it?" You replied to him, Alastor hummed.

"Are you willing to talk about something of your past life?" The Radio Demon questioned, you hesitated. You were very secretive about your human life, and you barely told anyone a single thing, Alastor was waiting patiently, his eyes glowing slightly. You opened your mouth to speak, then closed it again.

You debated about telling something personal, until you sighed, "I won't tell anything personal—" Alastor perked up at this, "—but I will say that I had to live alone at a younger age than I thought." You spoke, the deer demon tilted his head. You tried ignoring the flashbacks in your head.

"Oh? Is that so?" Alastor said, he rubbed his chin in thought. "I suppose that's a start." He mumbled, he looked at you with a wide smile, "I might as well share something as well! I worked as a radio host for a few years before I died, I lived with my parents for a while until I had to move closer to my station." Alastor explained, you decided to listen to him, growing a little curious.

"Was that your only job though?" You asked him, Alastor's smile widened and his eyes thinned a little.

"Not quite." The deer demon chirped, "I was also a hunter and hunted deer mainly, not that it was a job of mine, but I'm sure you could guess what else I did." He leaned in expectantly, you glanced over him and tried to piece things together. Overlord, powerful, serial killer—wait, oh, it didn't really come out much of a surprise to you. Alastor chuckled, "I assume you figured it out?"

"You were a serial killer too." You spoke, Alastor beamed with satisfaction. It was a twisted fact that he seemed so nonchalant about being a serial killer, even after he died, and you just wondered how many souls he's claimed. You didn't dare ask though.

"Correct you are, darling!" Alastor turned to you, "What about you? What were your jobs in your human life?" He asked, you remembered not to tell him anything too personal and tried to remember the things you did for a living.

"Well I had a few small jobs to hell me earn money, like being a cashier at a few stores and some other boring jobs. Nothing too exciting." You answered. Alastor looked at you strangely, as if he was trying to look through you, he could probably sense that you were hiding something. Then again you were hiding a lot, and you even said you weren't gonna tell him anything too personal. He leaned back a little, giving a thoughtful hum.