𝟎𝟎𝟏 | 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣
𝟎𝟎𝟏. I don't know why I've got a bad reputation
━━━━━━

ELISE RINGO QUINN HAS experienced many stressful things in her short seventeen years on gods green earth

ELISE RINGO QUINN HAS experienced many stressful things in her short seventeen years on gods green earth. Secondary schools basically hell, dealing with her younger sister Erin's bullshit that she always somehow gets dragged into is torture, and juggling two jobs whilst doing her exams last year was draining, and not to mention her constant anxiety's about the political climate surrounding her country.

But undoubtedly one of the most impossible, insufferable, and down right soul destroying things that she's ever experienced was ... Quinn/McCool family dinners.

It sounds stupid and overly dramatic, but the Quinn/McCool family dinner ritual was the bane of her existence. Having a job at the chippy initially sounded like an easy way to make money, on top of what she earner from her shifts at Dennis's. A pittance.

What Elise didn't count on was becoming the food mule for the whole family. Her Mammy would send her to work with their order and expect Elise to give them a staff discount, despite Finola being too much of a tight arse to give her ━ or any of her employees ━ any special discount. If they wanted it, they had to pay full price. She then had to come home from a four shift on top of six hours of school and was forced to sit around the table with the most annoying people in the world. Elise didn't hate her family, Christ she'd probably kill a man for any one of them, but fucking hell were they annoying.

Her Ma always seemed to always have a stick lodged too far up her arse. Auntie Sarah, ah, sweet aunt Sarah, was lovely ... in short bursts. Sarah's laidback, you could say 'dense' personality soon grated on anyone who had the misfortune of speaking to her for more than five minutes.

Her Granda, bless his wee soul, was an annoying prick when he wanted to be. And he always wanted to. Joe McCool had never been subtle about anything in his life. Elise theorised that he came out the womb and instantly started to shout the odds at the midwifes.
If Joe had a problem or his opinion differed from yours the whole street would know about it. Ach, he was hard work but she loved her Granda unconditionally, she always knew she could go to him to make him talk her mammy out of grounding her. The two just had a special bond.

Her father, bless him, was the only sane member of the Quinn family ━ herself included. He seemed so out of place within the walls of his own home, hardly anybody ever sided with him, despite him often being the voice of reason.

Naively, Elise thought that her stress load would loosen in the summer holidays. Exams were over, school was a whole six weeks away and the nights she spent out with Finick never seemed to end. She was completely wrong. In fact, Finola seemed to think that the teens free schedule meant even more shifts, which led to more hours, somehow the same amount of money, and even more family dinners than usual.