𝟎𝟎𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐜𝐀𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧

𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣
𝟎𝟎𝟐. The curious case of McAuley Culkin
━━━━━━

 ELISE KNEW INSTANTLY she had made a fuck up of the royal kind as she woke up on the living room floor instead of her own bed

ELISE KNEW INSTANTLY she had made a fuck up of the royal kind as she woke up on the living room floor instead of her own bed. The bitter taste of all the alcohol she consumed last night lingered in her mouth like a bitter reminder of her sin and her head felt like she had been trampled on by Orla doing one of her step aerobic routines.

Pushing herself up off the carpet, the young girl groggily yawned and hurried to check if the coast was clear. The living room and the adjoining kitchen was clear of intelligent life, well, if she was basing it off of that the whole house would be considered empty. Most importantly, Elise listened out for the familiar sound of her Mammy's footsteps coming down the stairs to make a start on breakfast. She had memorised every single occupant of the houses footsteps out of fear of getting caught sneaking in or out, or just trying to sneak leftovers from the fridge. Mostly the sneaking in and out part, If her Ma knew that she went out last night ... the wooden spoon would be out.

The makeshift blanket of coats draped over her fell to the floor as she stood up and raised her arms above her head, yawning as her joints popped back into place. She didn't think to wonder who put the coats on her. She was too exhausted to even form a coherent thought. Mornings and Elise just weren't compatible. She was more of a mid - afternoon person.
All the boring tv shows were off air by 10 and all the fun ones started at 12. Her Summer afternoons off work were spent lounging out on the settee, watching all the tv she wanted. Well, Within the hours her mammy was at work. Mary would never allow Elise to lounge about when the sun was out.

Slowly, painfully, and irritably, Elise drudged up the stairs one step at a time, clinging to the bannister for dear life as the noise in her head now rivalled the marching and drumming of the orange order. What the fuck happened last night? And why couldn't she remember any of it? How she even managed to get home and didn't end up asleep in Finicks driveway again was applause worthy. But she knew better than to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Even though she was 1000% sure she was dying, she still tiptoed past her mum and dads room. She didn't need the fight on top of her painful death. Hangovers she could handle. This however? Might see her off.
As she successfully crept past her parents room and stealthily walked up to her and Erin's shared attic floor, she heard the muffled voice of someone talking, to themselves apparently because they never got a reply. The voice only got clearer as she approached Erin's ajar bedroom door.

She stood in front of Erin's open bedroom door, hesitating to see if it was Erin doing one of her pretend interviews again. It was always hilarious when she busted her. Elise peered around the white wood and eyed the room, immediately catching sight of Erin passed out in her bed, drool falling from her mouth and loud snores rumbling from her chest Like a passing freight train. Christ she sounded like the dodgy engine on their car.