Chapter Two

Libra Amato

"Show us what you've got." Captain Fabbri told the newbie. "Spar with Libra. It should be over pretty quickly."

"Like, fight? For real?" Gemini said eagerly.

Libra rolled his eyes, "Yes, you idiot."

Gemini grinned at him, unfazed by the insult. "I'm not particularly good at fighting in the open, but I'll give it my best shot!"

His noble arrogance was enough to make Libra's insides churn in disgust. He balled his hands into fists and called upon his power to lift him into the air. He had the satisfaction to see his opponent's look of surprise. "You have elemental magic?!" Gemini said in fascination. "This is going to be harder than I thought!"

Libra narrowed his eyes and concentrated his magic in his hand. With a swiping motion, he sliced the air in front of him with a sharp gust powerful enough to break down a wall. No one stood a chance against an attack like that. He lowered his arm, expecting to see a flattened new recruit sprawled on the ground, but all he saw was upturned dirt. Where had he... A crackle from behind him caught his attention. Libra spun around in the air just in time to push Gemini away with a gust of wind, who had been about to punch him with a fist giving off bright sparks of lightning.

"Don't attack from behind, you coward!" Libra yelled at him.

Gemini grinned, "Sorry, my bad!" He called back. Gemini's hair was static, and bright blue sparks were being emitted from his entire body.

Gritting his teeth, Libra summoned a tornado and directed it to the smaller teen with speed and accuracy. In a flash of light, Gemini was gone. Damn, that kid was fast.

"Too slow!" He heard a giggle, then a shock in the side made stars dance in his eyes. When he regained his vision, he was falling through the air, his concentration lost. He felt for air movements around him, and was able to pinpoint where his opponent was.

He felt a ripple coming towards him. He manoeuvred his body so that he was facing downward, and a moment before Gemini hit him, he propelled himself upwards again. With Gemini now unbalanced, Libra was easily able to grab him and slam him into the ground. The blonde made a satisfying gasp of pain as the ground cracked around him.

"Yes!" Libra heard Aquarius cheer from the side lines. He smiled as he had Gemini pinned to the ground, the electricity around him weakening.

"Ow ow ow ow get off ow ow ow." Gemini complained, breathing hard.

"You're not bad." Libra told him as he got up. "You're fast as hell."

Gemini chuckled, "You're the first person to have ever dodged one of my attacks."

"Well, he is the strongest warrior in Aer." Aquarius said, walking up to them. "His elemental magic is extremely powerful. Kinda makes me jealous."

"Shut up." He playfully hit his sister in the arm. "All you have to do it touch me to defeat me. If that isn't powerful, I don't know what is." Libra brushed the dust from his clothes and offered a hand to Gemini, who was still lying flat on his back, partly dug into the ground. "We're gonna get some food, you coming?"

"No." Gemini replied, covering his face with his hands. "I'm going to lie here and die."

"See ya then." Libra said, waving at the fallen teen.

'That was interesting.' Aquarius' voice echoed in his mind. Libra nodded in agreement.