Review for LIVM_16

This review was written by the wonderful  YouGotThisFandoms (Wouldn't let me tag you.)

YouGotThisFandoms has been an amazing help, and I thank her so much for this!

------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a review for the book Until You by LIVM_16

Cover 

Oh my great goodness, I LOVED the cover. It's modest, while showing two people obviously in love. Not only that but it hides what the hidden mystery that lurks in the book, while still showing that it is a partly cute romance story 

 Description + Tags

Her life had never been easy, but it was just as normal as the next person's. But falling in love and putting her friends and family in serious danger were never part of the plan when she met Him.

 * * * 

 When Lauren Hales moved from her home in LA to Charlotte, North Carolina, she had high hopes that she could continue her normal life without being reminded of her past. And it was that way. Until she got wound up in the life of Charlotte High's most popular Junior. Cole Price. From then on, her life was nothing but a whirlwind of emotions and drama. After trying to sort out her feelings, memories from her confusing past begin to resurface, and Lauren begins to question her reality. But it's not easy sorting out her life when multiple homicides in the area begin connecting, and she realizes her loved ones are in danger.

All of the tags make sense (excluding the murder tag because that part has not currently been reached yet), and are related to the story 

 Hook/Prologue 

I personally loved the prologue. While it does almost completely regard what the picture might have portrayed, it was a very attention-grabbing way of encasing the reader in the world of the story. Not only does it prove to have a few relatable, albeit subtle, thoughts running around, it also provides the sense of a much-needed adventure for the reader.

Conventions 

There were some parts that could use some editing, but it wasn't a terrible read at all. It honestly was just small typos. 

 " "Ha." Katie said ",Don't we all?" "

 There shouldn't be a period after "ha" if Katie continues talking, and you also wouldn't need a second punctuation mark before "don't". It was only small typos really, nothing terrible 

Suspense building/Chapter endings 

They were satisfying. I enjoyed it at least. I think Lauren is a very relatable character, and her love for her family, even if it is hidden by sarcasm, is a very significant factor, and one that can make the readers feel more understood. 

 Character building 

The characters were relatable, wonderfull, and clearly thought out. Each mini conversation, and every little quirk that was so cleverly written out demonstrated such a love for writing and character building. It was a beautiful thing to read and I enjoy the story so much already. It's nice to see the real and relatable thought process these characters truly go though, with a side of added mystery of course.

Ending satisfaction 

This story is ongoing (Which means it's great for you suspense readers), but it's also very very cute in romance. So while I can't fairly judge the ending, I can confirm that the last chapter was excellent 

 Overall score 92/100

 One of my favorite quotes in this entire story "Because staring doesn't see any deeper than the skin" I LOVED that sentence. Right..now onto the reason behind the scoring. I cannot describe how refreshing this book is. It appears as such a simple everyday teenage life, but as the story continues the readers can truly see how many things people can hide. Divorce, heartbreak, and abuse are things you don't see in people immediately, but it reveals so slowly that things happen to people, and most aren't even aware of it. Although the grammar could use some editing (at points) the plot and the characters are so well thought out and I LOVE it people! It's so nice to see a semi-realistic plot with relatable problems like depression and pain. I really did enjoy this story and I would definitely read it as a choice for myself.