Chapter 3: A Party & New Friends.

Kaa-chan closed work early for the party.

The party was going to be held there, so the staff and tou-chan we're busy working away decorating and sorting out the food as kaa-chan helps me get ready. She had planned a mini spa day experience, which was just her pampering me away. But it was fun and nice; I feel a lot more relaxed to the upcoming party where I'm just being introduced to their friends and family and celebrating turning one. I have to help greet the guest and just look pretty as they talk at me. Tou-chan has already warned me to not talk fluently, break up my sentence and mess up my pronunciation. He doesn't want people to see how smart I am. He said if some of the guest see, they'll want me to be pushed quickly through the Academy and tou-chan really does not want me to be a ninja. He also said I'm meeting a special guest today who'll be my life long friend.

My outfit for the party is a kimono with some thigh high socks that had a big toe pocket and kaa-chan has spent an hour on my hair trying to figure out what to do with it. It's not long enough to go in a fancy bun or even a normal bun. In the end she chose to do to plats from the front and go around my head like a halo, putting in a elegant clip to keep the two plats together. Pulling the plat out slightly to make it look more poofy. I felt her put a brush against my cheeks in a circler motion and slightly dab it on my eyelids. And finally put a little bit a gloss on my lips.

"Kaa-chan? Why are you putting make up on me?" I questioned? I'm only one. That stuff shouldn't touch my face for years!

"Kaa-chan need you to look your best. I'm from an important family from the land of fire and my otou-san and okaa-san are going to be here to meet you. So you need to be on you best behavior and remember your manners. Kaa-chan and tou-chan are going to be heavily watched and judged." She sounded defeated. I wonder what happened between them. I need to change subject.

"Kaa-chan? What colour is my kimono?" I really did want to know .

"Ma, it's base is a rust orange, which is kaa-chan clan colour, it has white blossoms and cranes decorating it the bottom and sleeves, Your obj is a bright black and teal, decorated in gold blossoms with a black tope tied around it. The teal is your tou-chan's clan colour. And your clip is a gold crane holding a branch of white blossoms. A gold bar, one end has a teal tassel with rust blossoms is behind the clip that's keeping the braid together. I've put a bit a pink blush to your cheeks to add a bit of colour to your face and a light orange eyeshadow to your eyes to pull everything in together. You look like a beautiful porcelain doll" the rust must be popping with my dark hair and light skin. "Also your eyes are on full show because they shouldn't be hidden. There is nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sorry if it felt like we were hiding you away, but it's my clan that don't introduce there child until they are one. Tou-chan was excited that day when you first spoke and ran straight to me to show you off. That's why we haven't excepted any of the play dates and also had to tell Nara-sama, Yamanaka-sama and Akimichi-sama to act like this is the first time they have met you. Also you need to say their names with sama no mater how many times they tell you not to. My parents would not be happy with a child not speaking to sateone with the upmost respect. Even though it can be seen rude, not excepting their wishes to not call them sama." Kaa-chans parents sound uptight.

"I'll be on my best behaviour Kaa-chan."

***

Making are way to the restaurant, I find it quite challenging to walk in the kimono, it just doesn't move, so I have to take these little shuffle steps that I'm sure I look like a baby penguin. Kaa-chan tries to give me instructions on how to walk better, but with the sandals flip-flopping, I just know, I'm going to fall flat on my face.

Finally making our way into the restaurant after the ten minutes disastrous walk. I get hit by the glorious smell of all my favourite foods.

"Mizuki-hime!"tou-chan shouts "you look like a beautiful Princess"  he bends down to kiss my forehead. "you better grab some food now before guest arrive, because they are going to keep you busy and the foods probable all going to be gone before you are done." I have to listen to people talk for that long... "grab tou-chan hand, I'll lead you to the food table." Grabbing his hand he gently pulls me through the room and around tables to get to the otherside, where the food is. He sits me at a table and starts making a plate up for me.