And It's Bright

Luz POV

As I stood across from Amity as I listened to the marriage officiant. Which just a couple weeks ago when we planned this I figured out was an actual job, anyways while he said the phrases I could tell he had to shift around a couple words but he did pretty well. After a bit he got to the final part saying " By the power of your love and commitment, and the power vested in me, I now pronounce your marriage official. " Those were the words I was hearing for as I stepped over kissing Amity on the lips, she kissed back wrapping her arms around me and even picked me up a bit. After a couple of seconds we stopped kissing and everyone seated started to cheer.

It took me a minute to go through and look at everyone who was able to attend our wedding. I was able to see Gus, Willow, my Mom and some of my other family members, Eda had also taken a seat by this point with King right next to her. However when I looked over Amity's side looked more bleak, I saw Edric and Emira who sat with who I assumed were their partners, and Lilith. I knew Amity said her parents were on some sorta important trip but really? They couldn't of made time for their own child's wedding?

I'd have to talk to her about it later if she wanted to, but for now all I wanted to do was make her happy. After the cheering calmed down we all headed down to the banquet for some food. I sat down with Amity at the beginning of the table with Willow next to me and Emira next to Amity. My Mom brought some Empanadas so I took about a third of them before my mom slapped my hand away, nothing tasted like her home cooked empanadas especially since I've gotten used to eating the food of the Boiling Isles.

While I ate I turned to Willow to strike up some conversation, after we graduated we didn't have many chances to catch up. I looked toward her saying " Hey Willow, what have you been up to lately? Did you get a position in the plant coven? " Willow nodded saying " Yeah! It's a bit of a different position though, I find myself working with other covens more than members of my own. I'm a researcher and I mainly figure out what uses the plants have, I help with plant rebellion situation sometimes though!" I could tell she liked her job a lot from how happy she sounded saying it.

What I didn't understand was how she ended up working with other Covens more, so I questioned saying " How come you work with other covens more?" Willow quickly answered saying "Since I figure out what the plants can have uses for I work closely with the potion coven, I also respond to emergencies involving plants that other covens could have and they can't handle. I remember this one time someone from the bard coven tried to propose to a girl using flowers from a Devil's Rose Bush. He almost caused an eternal demonic fire situation if I didn't splash the roses with a cure to extinguish it. "

I chuckled a bit saying " Wow that must've been some time! Odd question but have you, well, found that special someone yet?" Willow immediately looked down at her plate poking the food with her fork, I immediately regretted saying that as she started to say " No, I don't know why, there's this one guy I'm really close with but I don't really think I have a chance with him. It's probably because of my shynes-" I cut her off putting a hand onto her shoulder saying " Nonsense! He'd love a thoughtful girl like you, you just have to figure out his situation ya know? If he's with someone or if he's looking for someone. If he isn't gonna make the move you have to, I know it'll be tough for you, but I believe in you Willow. I always have. "

Willow's head perked up as she confidently smiled saying " Yeah, you're right Luz! In fact-hold on, I'm gonna send him a invitation for a date on Penstagram!" I nodded smiling as Willow got up from the table and moved over to a more silent location but I still cheered her on saying " You get him girl!" I finally moved my head toward to Amity who seemed to be having a conversation with her sister, I didn't want to but in so I continued eating my food as I listened in and heard Amity say " Emira, did Mom and Dad ever mention what trip they're on? Is it a business one?"

From the corner of my eye I could see Emira was a bit confused, she then sighed a bit sadly saying " Amity, they're on vacation. They even invited Edrik and I as well, and as you know if we went we would've missed your wedding too. Did they tell you something different?" Amity looked shocked and almost horrified, she put her utensils down looking into Emira's eyes saying " Yeah! I sent them an invite and they said that they were on a business trip they couldn't afford to cancel with the Emperors trade Federation! They lied to me? Why would they do that?!"

I saw Amity lay her face down onto her hands as both Emira and I pat her back, Emira looked toward me and I nodded now looking towards Amity saying " Amity, dont worry about them right now. Focus on letting yourself be happy, I'm sure we can weasel out the awnser from them when they come back. For right now, I'm right here, and I love you. A lot of people here right now love you too, so let's focus on that for now. " Amity slowly lifted her head and wiped her eyes with a handkerchief saying " Yeah you're right, but I can't say I'm surprised, they haven't been too supportive of this. They said being with a human would only cause trouble, I swear if they-"

Amity cut herself off as she took a deep breath saying " That's something for future me, Right now I want to make my lovely wife happy. " she said grabbing my hand, my cheeks blushed as I leaned in and kissed her on the cheek saying " You're amazing. Our future is gonna be bright, I can see it. "