White Wolf

Her headache, her body felt sore and she was disoriented. When she tried to move she realized she was tied to a chair, her wrist tight behind the back of the chair and her legs tied firmly to it's legs. When she opened her eyes her vision was blurry and she had to blink several times to get it to adjust. The room was dark and it was hard to see but slowly she lifted her head up. Her neck was stiff from being in the same position for too long but she ignored the pain, rather focusing on the man who sat in front of her with one leg crossed over the other, dressed more like a fancy aristocrat than a cold blooded killer. Oh how looks could be deceiving. Especially with those bright eyes and that stupid smile of his.

"Glad to see your awake, inspector." He said in a calm, almost soothing, sounding voice.

She was still in a daze, trying to figure out how she ended up here again until the memories came flooding back. Yuki. 

She was dead. And he had killed her. 

Akane wanted to cry, she wanted to sob, but she didn't want to show this man any weakness, she didn't want to give him any power. "Why?" She asked, trying to sound stern but it was evident she was on the verge of tears. "Why me? Why Yuki?" She asked.

"Why not?" he said simply, tilting his head to the side, observing her. "There is something fascinating about humans and seeing how far you can push them."

"So that's it?" She scowled, "This is just a game to you? You want to see how far you can push people?"

"I want to see what people do once Sibyl is taken out of the equation," 

"You're a monster" Akane said weakly, biting down on her bottom lip and looking away from him as tears threatened to run down her face. 

He stood up and walked over to her, kneeling down so they were at eye level. He grabbed her by her jaw, forcing her to look him in the eyes,

"by whose standards? Yours?" He said with a raised brow.

"You have the ability to create good in this society and yet you choose to harm others for your game." She shot back at him, her pain turning into anger toward the man. "There are others who work so hard to do what is right despite what Sibyl sees them as."

She felt angry for the first time in a long time. He had hurt so many people and he didn't even care. Ended so many innocent lives… How could someone do that and not feel any remorse or guilt?

Makashima wore a slight smirk at the girl's words. "I see why Kogami takes such an interest with you."

Her eyes went wide at the realization. This had nothing to do with her, it wasn't her he was after. She was just bait. "What does taking me have to do with him?"

"Sweet Inspector" he purred, bringing his face so close to hers that she could feel his breath on her face. Akane tried to pull away but he held her jaw firmly, keeping her close.  "How does a man react when he's faced with losing everything he's ever loved?" his bright brown eyes felt like they were burning into her soul, the smug look on his face never wavering. "How will his soul look when it's all over?" 

He let go of her jaw, standing up. "I'll bring you some water," he said before heading out the door.

Kougami Pov