18. Right in front of my Salad?

Mina's

Today, I wanted to cook for Jeongyeon so I checked the fridge and wow it's full.. of water bottles. When was the last time she went to buy groceries? Gosh that Ostrich.

I have no choice but to go to the freaking Mall to do the groceries. I was on the salad dressing area when I saw a familiar figure at the other end. My Ostrich!

She's busy picking between two ketchups and I'm about to call her when Nayeon popped out from nowhere.

"Hey glad you're here!" She said and showed Jeongyeon two cropped tops. "Which is better?" She asked. Don't tell me she ran from the apparel to here just to ask Jeongyeon to pick for her. She clearly just want to get Jeonyeon's attention.

"This one suits you well. The other will make you look thinner plus it will not matched the kind of pants you usually wear." I overhead Jeongyeon giving her perceptions.

"You know me well. Anyway, thank you." She winked at my Ostrich pushing me to the limit. I can't just stand watching her flirt with my girlfriend.

"Honey, are you done picking ketchup?" I interrupted. I could see Jeongyeon's face turned pale. That's right. You have explaining to do later.

"Ow. Hi Mina. I didn't know you're here." Nayeon said in a not so pleasing manner to me.

"Yeah. A matter of fact, Jeongyeon and I went here together to buy OUR stuffs." I said emphasizing the word 'our'. I snaked my arm to Jeongyeon and slightly elbowed her to agree. She just nodded nervously.

"Oh I see. It's nice to see you here." She smiled at me which I definitely know to be fake before turning to Jeongyeon. "I'd better go before your jealous ass girlfriend rip me to pieces." She whispered before smiling at us.

I pretended not to hear and smiled sweetly at her. That's right, back off girl. I even waved at her as she do her way out.

When she's gone, I quickly removed my arm to Jeongyeon and stomped away.

"Hey Honey!" She said following me.

"Don't you dare call me honey after flirting." I said pointing the salad dressing to her face.

"It's not what you think." She said raising her two hands.

"And what do you think I'm thinking?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Uhm—" I'm still pissed so before she could say anything, I shoved the salad dressing for her to carry.

———-

Jeongyeon's

What a total disaster!!

Mina made me carry all the stuffs without using the cart. Girl, it's 21st century and carts are already invented.

"Why are you buying too much?" I struggled to speak as the groceries are likely to cover my face too.

"Why? Because my very good Ostrich left the fridge so full." She sarcastically said.

What a relief that we reached the counter and I got to rest before carrying that paper bags again.

When we reached home, I placed the bags on the table and watched her pick her ingredients before sliding an apron to her body. Wife material.

I could imagine seeing her cooking and baking with two little penguins around. That would make a good little happy family.

My imagination was cut off by piercing sounds as Mina cut the vegetables loudly glaring at me from time to time.

"Woah. Still not done with me? Do you have plans to powder the veggies?" I asked nervously trying not piss her more. The most dangerous creatures are jealous woman holding a knife.

I quickly went my way behind her and hugged her carefully removing the knife from her hand before facing her to me. Remind me to get rid of knives in our kitchen.

"Why did you told her that we went to the grocery together?" I asked her.

"Why? That's my 'back off' language." She said being proud of herself. I shook my head.

"We went there together. She's in the cafe when Tzuyu asked me to ran some errands so she joined me since she needs to buy something too." I said sitting on the stool.

"So you went there together huh—" her mouth was left open when she realized what she just said. "Waaaaaah! Why didn't you told me right away?"

"I told her we came together when you've been together all along." Her cheeks are now red due to embarrassment.

"How can I tell you when you just popped up and talk without asking me." I said enjoying watching her walk back and forth.

"But you could have signaled me when I elbowed you." She said holding her waist.

"I didn't know you elbowed me." I pretended not to know.

"She'll surely think that I'm a jealous bitch and gosh she knew I lied! She must be making fun of me now. Thanks to you." Meet my over-thinker girlfriend.

"But are you really jealous?" I asked and pinched her nose.

"Of course not." She said raising an eyebrow.

"If you say so." I shrugged. I don't want to piss her more. When girls say they're not jealous, it's 99% the other way around and they don't like it to be wiped on their face. What they want is assurance. How I know? Coz I'm a girl too.

I pulled her to sit on my lap before snuggling my face on her neck and sniffing it. Vanilla, cherries and Heaven in Japanese.

"You know you don't have to be jealous. I got the best girl in the world so I got no reason to cheat. Can she make delicious cookies as Myoui Mina can? Can she make my heart flutter the way you do? No, and never." I assured her. She faced me. Her nose is touching mine.

"These eyes and heart belongs to only one person which is you." I said before closing the distance between our lips but before I succeed, my stomach growled ruining the moment.

"I'll better do the cooking before your tummy eats us." She said as she stand, sticking her tongue before flashing her gummy smile.

———

[A/N: to make it up to you, double chapter today ✌️Special thanks to:
@kiddoatheartu
@iTwiceu
@JungWh3e1n
@PhaiEn
@nxxxs
@Khemilayumnam

I really enjoyed reading your comments. And to everyone who's still reading, voting and commenting on this fanfic. Lovelots 💕 STAY SAFE.

(Sa pinoy readers: SANA MAGKAJOWA NA KAYO 😘) ]