Part 10

The next couple hours were a complete blur to Hongjoong, if it was only a few hours that had passed.

Hongjoong slowly felt himself returning to full consciousness, he also felt horribly sick and had a bad headache.

He opened his eyes and slowly sat up. He looked around, and he realized that he recognized absolutely nothing.

What had happened after he had passed out? Had he been kidnapped? Those were some of the many thoughts running through his head.

He had been lying on a soft black couch in what he could only assume was the living room. There was a TV on the wall opposite the couch, with a circular grey rug and glass coffee table in between.

Directly to the left there were glass doors to a balcony, and there was a small kitchen next to them. There were three doors behind Hongjoong, probably leading to a bedroom, a bathroom, and maybe a storage closet. On the wall Hongjoong's right, There was a slightly taller door in the far corner of the wall with a tidy shoe rack next to it with four pairs of shoes neatly arranged. Hongjoong recognized one of the pairs as his own, but not the other three. That was probably the front door.

Overall, the apartment was very neat and clean, and rather cozy.

Hongjoong heard the lock on the front door click and he panicked. What if he really had been kidnapped?

The door opened and Seonghwa walked in, carrying a plastic bag.

"Oh thank god. I thought I had been kidnapped." Hongjoong sighed in relief. His voice was slightly hoarse and he was really starting to feel sick.

"Hey, sorry I didn't know what to do when you passed out so I brought you here." Seonghwa said apologetically, taking off his shoes and placing them on the shoe rack before stepping into the house and walking over to the kitchen.

"This your apartment? It's nice." Hongjoong said, standing slowly and walking over to take a seat on one of the bar stools by the kitchen.

"Yeah, and thanks." Seonghwa said. He placed the plastic bag on the counter and started pulling out the contents.

"I went to the convenience store to get some stuff for you. You probably feel like shit, huh?" Seonghwa took out a box of ginger tea and a small bottle of painkillers.

"You hungry?" He asked. Hongjoong nodded.

"Good." Seonghwa took out a frying pan from a cabinet and some eggs from the fridge.

"Um, you really don't have to do this. I feel bad enough for intruding." Hongjoong said quietly, fidgeting with his fingers.

"Don't worry about it." Seonghwa said as he cooked.

"You do this a lot?" Hongjoong asked as Seonghwa handed him a plate of eggs and a cup of tea.

"No, not really." Seonghwa laughed. Hongjoong smiled.

"Thanks a lot." He said. Seonghwa leaned on the counter across from him.

"We sure seem to thank each other a lot, huh?" he joked.

"And just run into each other in general." Hongjoong added. Seonghwa smiled and leaned his chin into his hand.

"That's definitely true." He said.

"So, how's practice coming along?" Hongjoong asked him, taking a sip of the ginger tea. It stung a bit but his stomach already felt a bit better.

"It's going well, actually. I have around a week until the competition." Seonghwa said.

"Will you return to work after that?" Hongjoong asked casually.

"Yeah." Seonghwa nodded. Hongjoong felt relief spread through him.