05 - Anniversary

It was one week until Blackpink's comeback. It had been over a year, so the pressure on the girls and YG was huge. You didn't get to call, text or hang out with Rosie at all since YG took their phones and kept a manager with them at all times, even in the dorm.

The only time you got to see her at all was when her dance instructor was nice enough to let you watch. After practice Rosie would collapse into your arms and hold on as long as she could before going back to work.

You had to make every second with each other count. You were worried about her, so you always brought her food and encouraging handwritten letters to keep her spirits up. It was a time when she needed you to be there for her.

In the meantime, you began training with the new professional coaches of the Bluewings. The league would be starting in 4 months so there was no time to waste. The new training program had to get you up to professional fitness levels, so it was intense and grueling.

Some of the workouts even made you throw up, but you were in the best shape of your life

Some of the workouts even made you throw up, but you were in the best shape of your life. Several players on the old team were cut, and new players - all exceptionally skilled - were signed to replace them. Fortunately you, Jun, Miyeon, and of course Heechan had all made the the final lineup. You officially signed a 2 year professional contract. The bar had been raised.

One late night you got a call from an unknown number. You were going to ignore it but decided to answer. You were surprised to hear a familiar lovely voice, although it sounded a little distressed.

"(Y/n), thank you so much for picking up, I was scared I wouldn't be able to reach you."

"Yeah no problem. Didn't YG take your phone though?"

"I'm using my mom's phone. She came to the dorm because she was worried about me."

"I see, so how are you doing Chae? I'm worried about you too."

She hesitated a little. "I'm really... it's not... it's not going so good right now (y/n). I'm sorry to bother you, I just... "

"You're not bothering me at all, I'm always here for you. Have you ate dinner?"

"Yeah. I almost forgot but my mom brought me some."

"That's good at least, your mom's the best. That must help having her with you right?"

"Yeah, oh I'm sorry to bother you
(y/n). I know my mom's here but I just wanted to talk to you, I miss you so much."

"I miss you too. So tell me what's going on Rosie, I want to help."

"(Y/n), I'm not doing too good to be honest. I can't sleep, I don't have much of an appetite and I feel dizzy during the day. Today at dance practice I fell over a few times."

"That's not good, Rosie please take care of yourself. I know this comeback is important to you, but it's not more important than your health."

"I know, I'm just so worried that I won't be good enough and I'll let my members down. Compared to them I feel really lacking, I'm scared I'll mess it up for everyone."