prologue

August 19th, Beverly's Birthday Party.
Before.

"What if we.. changed the rules? Just a little bit, for some extra..fun." Beverley suggested with a grin as she held the empty beer bottle in her hands.

"W-What?" Eddie stuttered, looking around at his group of friends to see their reactions. To his surprise, they all looked interested.

"Just listen!" Beverly exclaimed. Eddie nodded and let the redhead continue. "Whoever the bottle lands on, doesn't just have to kiss the other. They have to go in the closet for 5 minutes together- and you have to kiss!" She said eyeing the boys closely.

"What?! Are you crazy?!" Eddie exclaimed, his nerves rising inside his body. He looked over at the Losers to see that they were almost as surprised as he was.

"C'mon, Eds, it won't be so bad. You scared of a little late night lovin'?" Richie teased from across their makeshift circle.

"Don't call me that," Eddie snapped quickly, "And no, I'm just saying... Bev's the only girl.." He mumbled, fumbling with his fingers.

"..And? It's just one kiss, plus we're all friends. Doesn't matter." Beverly said, smirking.

It matters to me. Eddie thought, but he wouldn't dare say it out loud.

"Okay, everyone good with that? I want action!" Bev exclaimed, pumping her fists in the process. The Losers shrugged and Beverly reached for the bottle first, her excitement taking the better of her.

The bottle spun around, the nose of it pointing at everyone before it slowly stopped and landed on.. Ben.

The chubbier boy began to blush, but Beverly didn't mind. She loved all of her friends the same, and one kiss didn't mean anything to her.

Bev and Ben walked over to the nearby closet and closed the door behind them. The rest do the Losers waited awkwardly with each other while the waited for the 5 minutes to be up.

After what seemed like the most uncomfortable 5 minutes of their lives, the two walked out. Ben with a cherry red face, and Bev with an accomplished grin.

"F-F-Fuh-Finally." Bill snickered.

"Wasn't so bad! Okay, who's up next?" Beverly asked as she sat down in the circle again. Richie shrugged and reached forward, "I guess me."

Eddie became even more nervous now. He really hoped it wouldn't land on someone other than him, but there was a part of him that also didn't want it to land on him. He was scared. Scared of seeing if it was simply more than a feeling that he had for the four-eyed boy.

Richie spun the bottle and silence fell upon the group, each wondering who would kiss the infamous Trashmouth. When the bottle slowed, it landed right on Eddie. His eyes widened and he looked at the boy who simply grinned devilishly at him.

"Alright, lets go see if you kiss better than your mother." Richie snickered was he stood up. Eddie only panicked more.

"I-I don't feel good!" He blurted. "Oh please, Eddie. You felt fine before. You just don't want to kiss Rich, trust me, I don't blame you." Stan pointed out.

"Watch it, Stan The Man."

"Well I don't now, I don't want to spread whatever I have to Richie." He said quickly, his eyes avoiding the boy.

"Can't cheat the bottle, Eds." Richie grinned. Stan pushed Eddie's back with an encouraging look. Eddie looked nervously around the group before standing up and following Richie Tozier right into the closet of Bill's basement.

Well fuck.

Authors Note:

oh hi :)
so, this birthday party is actually going to come later in the story, so i guess you'll have to find out what happens ;)

but here this is! i know i didn't include the characters like a normal do, but all of the losers are 16 and some 17 and ig that's all u rly have to know! see u all soon!