I Like You

Mackenzie's P.O.V

'I have loved you since we were 18 Long before we both thought the same thing To be loved and to be in love All I could do is say that these arms were made for holding you I wanna love like you made me feel when we were 18'

I reached over to press the snooze button on your alarm clock. I got out of bed and went to take a shower. It was another wonderful day at school yayy! (note the sarcasm) Another 7 hours of being told to kill yourself, no one wants you here and you're too ugly to even look at!

I finished my shower and put on a 'Meow' ripped crop top, leggings, and vans. I straightened my hair and put on winged eyeliner.

In about 30 minutes I was ready to go. I went downstairs not bothering to have breakfast as I needed to lose weight according to kids at school. I walked to school which wasnt far away.

As soon as I got in the gates of the school, I saw the person I feared most-Skylar.

She walked up to me and said "Hey ugly! You're looking as ugly as always maybe even more." Skylar has bullied me ever since year 9--2 years this has been going on.

"Leave me alone Skylar" I mutter

"What did you say?" She scoffs

"I--" before I could say anything my best friend since year 2 comes telling her to leave me alone.

"Leave her alone Skylar and get a life." Luke said as he stepped in front of me

"Whatever. Bye fatass!" she laughs and walks away

"Thanks Luke" I say. He turns around and smiles at me which reveals his infamous dimple. I've secretly had a crush on Luke since year 8 but I could never tell him because I didn't want to ruin our friendship.

"No problem babe" He always calls me babe, baby, or love or another cute pet name. He put his arm around me and walked with me to my locker and my next class.

It was always the same routine-Skylar would start calling me names and bullying and Luke would always come to my rescue. I felt bad because he is always having to save me. I start crying and Luke immediately hugs me asking what's wrong.

"It's just that you always have to save me from Skylar and everybody and I feel bad because you always have to hang out with me and protect me and I-I..." I stop before I tell him I like him but he won't let it slide

"You what, Mackenzie?" He made me look at him, wiping away a tear with his thumb

"Ummm well I-I...like you Luke... a lot. Ever since year 8 I have.." I stuttered barely able to get it out Luke didn't say anything...

"Ummm hello? Are you gonna say anything? See this is why I didn't want to tell you.." I huffed

"Yeah uhh I have to go. Bye Mackenzie" He said and walked away.

I could tell I ruined our friendship because he NEVER calls me by my first name...EVER. I walked into class not focused at all. Only thinking about what happened with Luke.