My Turn

Luke's P.O.V

Mackenzie just told me she liked me.... this is great. Now I know she feels the same. I've liked her ever since year 7 but I never had the courage to tell her. I was afraid she wouldn' t feel the same and it would ruin our friendship. Now that I know she likes me, I can ask her out. Wait... I just walked away after she told me she liked me. She probably thinks I don't like her ugh NICE GOING LUKE!!

I have to ask her out in a special way. I could plan a picnic after school for us or watch the sunset on the beach. Anything but it has to be amazing. I will ask after school.

*After school*

I rush out of class to try to find Mackenzie and ask her out. She should have gotten out already. I finally see her and run over to her but she begins to walk away.

"Mackenzie wait!" I say and she turns around and snaps at me

"Why Luke so you can just tell me you don't like me again or run away? No thanks, I get you don't like me Luke. Just don't talk to me!"

So I didn't.

I immediately cupped her face and leaned in and kissed her. She kissed back after a couple seconds which was good. I pulled away and said

"Uhm that wasn't supposed to happen. I wasn't supposed to you know." The smile on her face quickly faded into a frown. "No I mean I was suppossed to ask you out first then kiss you on the date but I've been waiting so long to kiss you I couldn't take it. I've liked you for four years Mackenzie"

Her smile quickly returns

"I've liked you for 3 and I've been waiting for you to ask me out and when I told you I liked you and you ran away, I thought I ruined our friendship. Oh and I would love to go on a date with you." She smiled and I pecked her lips and intertwined our fingers and started driving to the beach.