Precious Torrent

Morning came slowly, and the peace that was with Torin at midnight still clung to her heart. She knew what she had to do, and it was time she set about things. She rose from her bed, realizing the Estien had already left for the morning. She felt an unfamiliar rumble from her stomach, and hunger rushed over her. She quickly began to dress, the desire to find food urging her on.

As she stepped into the sitting area, reminders of the night before flashed before her. She smiled as she heard the wind whispering her name, as the door to her accommodations opened. Estien was coming in, his hands holding a tray filled with an array of food and drink.

"Ah, good." He said as his eyes looked to Torin, "You're awake." He came the rest of the way in and set the tray of food on the table.

Torin sat down on the chair closest to the tray and promptly grabbed something to eat.

"And you're appetite is back." He looked at her with a side eye, as he slowly reached for a slice of fruit.

Torin bumbled a nod as she continued to eat. "Yup," She took another bite of the bread in her hand. "Is my dad about?"

"He is." Estien peered at her with curious eyes. "Why?" The edges about his eyes squinting lightly.

"I have to speak with him." Torin finished her bread and moved to acquire a large fruit from the tray, Estien promptly grabbed her wrist,

"Torin." He was trying to process what was going on.

"Names not Torin anymore." She said from her half bent position, her wrist firmly in his strong grasp. She examined him, his brow raised in curiosity. "It's La'Torin." The soft breeze in the room responded to her name and the soft whisper of excitement could be heard from the element.

"Fitting," he smirked, "however, now is not the time for you to go see him."

"Why?" Torin released the fruit in her hand, in turn causing Estien to release her wrist.

"Because, he is with your grandmother."

"Fantastic! I can talk to them both at once!" Torin rushed out the door, leaving Estien behind. The exasperated sigh from Estien could be heard clearly as she walked out on to the adjoining porch. Torin looked about, listening to the surrounding area, she was quick to recognize the sounds of her father and grandmother. Their voices telling her that they were not far off. Torin quickly moved further up the cascade of of tree houses, ending at the porch to her grandmother's estate. There her family sat, eating breakfast and in discussion.

"It appears someone has found her strength." Fenrick said, as he grabbed a tea cup.

"I have." Torin's voice gave the slightest hint of annoyance.

"I need to find your source." Fenrick took a sip from his cup.

"It's wind, it's great." She rambled quickly, Estien's footsteps approaching not far behind her. "You should know that I'm going to the Qorum." Her tone gave no room for question, as she watched her father spit out his tea and her grandmother look to her.

"Child, there is time for that later."

"I know, Grandmother." She smiled to Estien and then turned back to her family. "But I need to leave in the morning. The elements have sent word to Hesashin already. He's meeting me on the East docks in the morning. He'll be returning from Etilan."

"I feel like I missed a lot." Estien coming alongside the brunette.

"You and I both." Her father spoke blandly.

"Child, your prophecy..."

"Will guide me on my path, and right now I need that." She crossed her about her chest.