Chapter 34

HANNAH

I can't get a single wink.

I have already watched all my Korean Dramas and now I am starting to write my article for this event but I have been on the same sentence and have not made any progress for the last hour.

I called my parents and asked how they are doing.

They said they were enjoying the weather and I told them about my activities here in Florence.

I also casually mentioned that I saw Nicholas Reyes.

For some reason, that stopped my mother from yakking.

She asked generic questions like how he is or what he is up to.

I answered them to the best of my knowledge.

And she just kept on saying "uhuh" to everything as if I was not telling her the whole truth.

As the youngest in this brood of 4, I have always been closed to my mother and had never ever lied or hid anything from her.

But in this situation, I thought she was hiding something from me instead.

I just cannot pinpoint right now.

We ended our conversation with our usual goodbyes and iloveyous.

And now I am back to my main issue, sleeping.

No!

Not exactly sleeping, but losing sleep because of someone.

Argh! I cannot take this anymore.

I got my phone and dialled this person's number rapidly as I tried to connect before I change my mind.