Chapter 10

There's a story behind every person. There's a reason why they're the way they are. Think about that before you judge someone.

•|•|•|•|•

Vera and Aramide were talking in class. "I can't believe you did that. What if you get caught, you would get into serious trouble" Vera said worried and surprised.

Aramide typed. Don't worry about that. I am going to make sure I take my revenge perfectly. King will regret meeting me.

At King's hostel, he paced back and forth lost in thought. Wesley asked him, "what did you do to her King? Why does she hate you and what does she mean you stole her voice?".

"Shut up Wes! I need to think. If Aramide wants a war, she will get it" King said threateningly. Wesley got up and made King face him.

"What did you do to her King? Tell me!" Wesley demanded.

King sighed and looked away, then told Wesley how he picked on Aramide as a child, how he poured bleach on her and made her lose her voice.

"King! You idiot! Do you know what you've done" Wesley yelled in disbelief. "because of you, she lost her voice. You would have been arrested for that. What you did was dangerous, what if she had died?".

"She wouldn't have because I knew what i was doing. Listen, that is in the past–"

"Yes but it has come back to haunt you. Aramide hates you and she doesn't look like she will give up" Wesley said. "it is better you apologise."

"Uwem King doesn't apologise. She challenged me and it's a challenge she will get" King said stubbornly and left the room.

"King, you are an o-de!" Wesley sighed face palming himself.

King walked out of the building in a hurry and a bucket of green paint fell on him. "Ah!"

People gasped and stared at King in horror and amusement. King froze in place until he heard someone clapping. He looked up and saw Aramide clapping and laughing.

Aramide clicked a photo of him and held up a card.

Strike one! Remember you did this to me. Only that you used bleach. I should have used acid but I didn't want to ruin your pretty face.

Let's see what you come up with.

King glared at her and she skipped away happily.

"You are done Alordiah" King said in a deathly voice and went back to his hostel covered in paint.

"What the...who did this to you?" John, one of King's friend asked.

"Aramide" King said in a low growl and Wesley laughed at him.

"Shut up! It's not funny!" King yelled annoyed.

"you caused it, I told you Aramide wants revenge and she will get it. This is just phase one" Wesley said, "now please get yourself out of here you are staining the carpet."

"She better get ready for my revenge" King growled.

Days later, Aramide is walking with Vera. "I am coming, let me get the book" Vera said and ran away. Aramide stood, waiting for her.

Vera got her book back and turned to Aramide. Her eyes widened, "Ara! Watch out!".

It was too late. King and some of his friends had poured a sticky substance on Aramide.

Aramide's jaw dropped and she shut her eyes, hearing King and his friends laugh. Aramide turned around and faced King. She glared at him.

"You better take a bath fast. That glue will be dry at any moment" King laughed. He suddenly became serious and walked to her, "this is just the tip of the iceberg. Get ready Alordiah". Aramide scowled and stomped off.