Chapter 43

Sometimes, I am wishing secretly that one day I'm having a good and normal family.

•|•|•|•|•

On Sunday morning, the Uwem family, Aramide and Moyo went to Church.

After the church service, the family returned home but Aramide noticed King and his family were dressing up again later. She went to King's room and walked in without knocking.

Unfortunately…or not, she walked in on him shirtless. “Ooh!” She said immediately, shielding her eyes and turned around.

King chuckled and picked up his shirt. “it's okay, turn around.” He said amused

“Are you dressed?” Aramide asked.

“No but I want you to face me” King answered.

Aramide sighed and faced him. She sees him buttoning his shirt and looked at his face.

“What did you want to tell me?” King asked.

“Why is everyone dressing up? Where are you going?” Aramide asked, trying hard not to let her eyes wander.

“It's our family day so we are going out” King answered. Aramide pouted and sat on King's bed. “Oh, that means I'll be alone in the house” Aramide said.

“Where is Moyo?”

“He is at school doing some work.”

“Then come with us” King stood in front of her.

“No, it's your family time. I shouldn't be there” Aramide dropped her head, “it's nice that you are getting along with your family.”

“I guess.” King shrugged.

Aramide looked up at him. “When did you guys start this family day thing anyways?” she asked, “I know in the past, you and your family couldn't see eye to eye.”

“You want to get all the credit huh?” King said to Aramide. He suddenly leaned closer to her and Aramide leaned back nearly falling on the bed.

King placed his hand on the bed with her in between and stared at her. King’s breath tickled Aramide's face and Aramide looked startled.

“Uh I...um” Aramide stuttered.

“It was after you said you hated me” King said, answering her earlier question. He stared at her, his eyes piercing her soul. “You affect me a lot Ara I hope you know that. You are a huge part of my life that I can't do without.”

Aramide froze as the proximity between them increased. Her eyes flickered to his lips and his to hers.

“King?” Sinach called, raising an eyebrow. Her hand raised in mid air near the door. King got up immediately and so did Aramide but they bump their heads.

“Oow!”

“Ouch!.”

“You really should close your doors” Sinach suggested.

“Yeah" King winced and held his head.

“I am leaving” Aramide said, clutching her head. She hissed in pain and left the room. King quickly glanced at her as she left the room.