~Cornflowers~

(づ。‿‿)

Enjoy~
---

Cornflowers.

That was the first thing he noticed about you.

You reeked of cornflowers.

An aroma that could be easily overpowered by the common scents that lived in the long palace halls. It took him by surprise that he could even detect such a soft fragrance surrounded by the common perfumes of susinum, cyprinum, lotus, roses, stakte, and other incenses. Yet, your aroma of gentle cornflowers was able to cut through all the others and flood senses with only your scent.

His golden orbs keenly watched the white linen that clung to your body become less opaque as you slid deeper into the bathwater. His gaze sharping as he continued to watch the spectacle of you in such a private state. He knew that his actions were wrong--frowned upon in fact. If he was ever to be caught peering into the female bathing room from one of the high windows he would surely be humiliated.

Despite other women entering the bathroom and joining you, he held no interest in how their white clothes held onto them or how their skin shimmered in the pool water. Oh no, no, no, he didn't even bat an eye at those women.

He watched as your fingers delicately moved to your neck pulling at the strings that held that wet linen to your body. Immediately, a breath he didn't know he was holding was released as he ducked down from the window his golden orbs now staring at the many designs etched in the stone in front of him. Slowly, the male floated to the ground.

As much as he wanted to indulge in the sight of you naked, he never had the will power to look. Instead, he took the rest of your bathtime to soothe his wings from their fluffed state that would occur when he would steal looks of you. Swallowing the dryness that cursed his throat he continued to pet his vermillion feathers as he stared at the forbidden doors, where just beyond, you laid cleansing yourself.

"Hawks!"

Quickly, the male spun on his heel to face the other male that called to him. His signature sickly bright smile broke onto his face as he watched the many teens rush up the many stairs to the bathing room he was currently stationed at.

"Well, well, well, what did I do to be graced with Aizawa's class visiting me today?" He called to the large group and with a few flaps of his wings, he met the group in the middle of the long staircase. Some of the teens stood in front of the male with fascination and others looking at him with disinterest.

"Is it true Hawks?! Are you really-"

Aizawa's hand came over the freckled boy's face before he could make a fool of the adult male, "Midoyra, lower your voice we are near a bathing room."

Immediately, the freckled boy's face broke into rouge allowing for his teacher to remove his hand allowing for the boy to speak again, "Are you really in charge of watching over the new priestess?"

Hawks blinked at boy's question then looked over the crowd of young faces, each having their interest piqued for the answer to the question. You had been here for almost three months now but information of your presence was just starting to hit the streets of Musutafu.

Hawks understood how your arrival went unnoticed by the people as you arrived in the middle of the night. Also, the royal family kept you hidden as the people of Musutafu did not take kindly to outside priestesses entering the palace. But the rumors of your skills were too tempting for the pharaoh not to invite you to the palace.

"Hah? That's what you came to ask me about? I'm surprised it took this long to come out honestly," a small fit of laughter escaped the male as he continued, "but yes, I am watching over our new priestess till she leaves to return her homeland."