Chapter 13

Chapter 13

The Combined force of Ooarai and St Gloriana had besieged the last fortified position held by the Americans in Hoja City. For the past five hours the bombardment had not let up. Thousands of shells had devastated the roughly put together defense by the Virginia unit. However rough the fortifications looked the Americans managed to hold out for so long. Along with this prolonged siege came a dreaded boredom. The girls had not done anything one would call productive during this time. With the constant raining of shells, the joy and excitement in a Sensha Do match had was extinct.

Darjeeling was no different. She had not smiled so much in so many days, she slept in on more than one occasion, and she had not even the desire to drink a cup of tea. All her girls felt the same way. There was no drive for the girls of St Gloriana anymore. The beauty and grace of the Sensha Do style that St Gloriana practiced lessened and with Virginia hardly doing anything but wait out the clock the whole battle seemed pointless and menial.

Darjeeling sighed for the umpteenth time as she gazed with a look of boredom through her spyglass at the other side of the river. Virginia had put themselves in the east most side of the eastern district across the river that runs through the city and just planted themselves a nice comfy spot. When she first arrived, Commander Davis held up a good resistance to the advances set by her and Miho. He proved his worth to her on day one and with it her sympathy. Davis was one of a strategic mind. He saw numbers and percentages with every option he did. Darjeeling had not the same skills but had the conviction to throw him off balance and render his skills useless. He however adapted. Setting up regular defensive points where Miho and herself would be forced to charge straight in line Chi Ha tan would have and nearly get annihilated. This was how Davis would fight and if possible, even win and keep his sport. But now came the pause in the storm. The fun and excitement was over. Now was the boring waiting game.

"Ms. Darjeeling, would you like a cup of tea?" Pekoe asked.

Darjeeling sighed again and reentered her Churchill. She nodded at Pekoe and was handed a cup. She took a long sip and downed the whole cup at once. She sighed again and rubbed her temple giving the cup back.

"More please." She said.

"Of course." Pekoe said.

"Seems you're more out of things than anyone else of us Darjeeling." Assam stated.

"I'm more than out of things, I'm bored out of my mind. Why wont Davis launch another offensive? We've been purposely wasting ammunition for the sake of him charging our line, so why doesn't it work?" Darjeeling asked.

"You forget Mr. Davis is patient. He won't move unless he's absolutely sure we wont win." Assam said.

Darjeeling sighed again and slumped in her chair. No one blamed her. Her normal elegant posture and refined demeanor was lost long ago.

"Darjeeling, come in its Miho." Miho's voice said over radio.

"I copy Miho. What is it?" Darjeeling asked.

"Federation reinforcements have arrived. Their unit commander wants to talk to us." Miho said.

The Federation reinforcements? Was it that time already? Oh, how lost in time the whole city must be.

"Roger, I'll meet you by the command tent." Darjeeling said.

"Seems we may get a respite." Pekoe said.

"Lets hope." Darjeeling said

St Gloriana's commander opened the hatch and hoped out of the Churchill. She landed on her feet and walked towards her destination. All around her she saw the many tanks staying stationary firing to the American side of the river. It was very exhausting just watching.