Part 7

A month later

Hogwarts was a danger zone. At least, according to Draco and Blaise, it was. Their reasoning was that there were pregnant women anywhere and at any time, one of them would jump at them and possibly kill them. I just laughed when they said this; I knew it was true. Every single female seventh and eighth year, along with some sixth years was pregnant, and it was scary. My stomach had begun to show a little bit, and I was very self-conscious about it, even though I already had a fiance and literally every single other woman that was my age at Hogwarts had the same. My stomach was slightly larger than most though, because I was having twins. All of our professors had lightened our workload, much to the sadness of Hermione Granger. I was glad because carrying twins was not an easy task.

Draco and I had settled into life easily and we got along fine. We had fun together and I even began to have feelings for him. Ginny confronted me about this before, and I hadn't known what to tell her. That was when I had started to feel something for him, because I was starting to acknowledge it.

"Dani?" I heard my name being called.

"In here, Gin!" I responded.

"I'm going to talk to Fred," she said, poking her head in, "do you want to join me?"

"Sure, let me finish this paper and I'll be right there," I said. I finished writing the last paragraph of the potions essay Slughorn had assigned, and then I stood up and walked to the common room. When I got there, Ginny and Fred were already deep in conversation, but Ginny stopped talking as soon as I walked in and said quickly,

"You love him, don't you?"

"What?" I asked, baffled.

"You love Draco," Ginny said. I was taken aback. How did she know? I didn't even know for sure myself, and I hoped that I would know myself better than Ginny would.

"Um, I-I, I just forgot that I have another essay to do. Talk to you later, Gin!" Then I rushed out of the room, hoping Ginny would take the hint. The last thing I heard before retiring to my room was Fred saying,

"Yup. She definitely loves him."

Another month later

All throughout the past month, I had been thinking about what Ginny said. Did I really love Draco? Sure, by now I knew that I definitely liked him, but did I love him? It was a question that I was constantly asking myself. Draco could tell that something was off, but he never asked about it, he never pushed me. That was one of the reasons I liked him so much.

"Dani? Can I talk to you?" Ginny asked, pushing the door to my bedroom open slightly.

"Sure. What's up, Gin?" I asked, shifting on the bed so that I could see her better. Ginny came and plopped herself on the bed, jostling me. I put a hand on my large stomach, protectively.

"I think I love Blaise," she blurted. My eyes widened in surprise. Her and Blaise had been having a rocky relationship for the past couple of weeks, all because they couldn't decide what to name their baby boy that was on the way.

"When did that happen, Gin?"

"Just now. Blaise came to apologize, and as soon as he said that he was sorry, I realized it, and I came straight here."

"You just bolted? Gin, go back and tell him!" I exclaimed, pushing her off the bed gently.

"Just...tell him?"

"Yes! Now, go! He must be thinking you abandoned him or something!" Ginny stood up and rushed to her and Blaise's room, thanking me on her way out. I just chuckled and leaned back on my pillows, thinking about Draco.

"Hey Dani," Draco said, coming and sitting on the bed with me.

"Speaking of the devil," I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" Draco asked.

"Oh, nothing," I said innocently. Draco sent me a glare and I shrank under his smoldering gaze.

"You tell me right now, or I'm going to have to punish you," Draco said playfully. I shook my head stubbornly and Draco sighed. "You asked for this," He said, before tickling my sides. I let out squeals of laughter and I begged him to stop. He finally did, and then we realized that we were extremely close. I was lying flat on the bed and Draco was kneeling next to me, leaning over me with his knees pressed against my side. I looked straight into his eyes and he held my gaze, his grey eyes swirling with an emotion that I couldn't quite decipher. Draco's face slowly inched toward mine and I took a deep breath, exhaling through my nose.

"You have no idea how much I love you, Dani," Draco said. I didn't have very much time to process what he had said before his lips crashed against mine, moving with passion and desire. After what felt like hours, I pulled back and rested my forehead on his.

"I love you too, Draco," I said, and at that moment, I knew it was true. "I love you, Draco Malfoy." I laughed with delight. All of a sudden, I felt a kick in my abdomen.

"Was that...?" Draco asked. He had his hand on my stomach and had felt it too. I nodded with a beaming smile on my face.

"One of our babies kicked," I said. Draco smiled a real smile at me.

"I love you so much, Danielle North," Draco said. I just smiled and kissed him again.

Another month later

It was almost time for every girl in Hogwarts that was pregnant to give birth, and tensions were high. We were no longer attending classes, our fiances were giving us notes and our assignments. I was incredibly nervous, for two reasons. One: I was eighteen, I wasn't supposed to have a child at eighteen! And Two: I was two days past my due date and I was hoping that nothing went wrong.

"Love are you okay?" Draco asked, noticing my worried state.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just nervous," I assured him.

"Okay Love, well, I'm going to go take a shower, call me if you need anything," Draco said, before kissing my forehead and leaving the room. I picked up a book and was reading peacefully for thirty minutes before I felt a wetness pool in the sheets around me. I cursed before calling Draco.

"What?" he asked, rushing into the room after my panicked call.

"My water just broke, I'm going into labor," I said.

"Okay, okay, we need to all calm down," Draco said, taking a deep breath.

"Draco, you're the only one freaking out," I said, giggling.

"Love, I think you're in shock. We need to take you to the hospital wing," Draco said. I nodded and he came over and picked me up, rushing to the hospital wing. "Madam Pomfrey! She's in labor!" Draco shouted. Madam Pomfrey rushed over and directed him to lay me on the nearest bed. After that came twelve grueling hours of labor, which I will spare you the details of. But it was all worth it when I held my babies.

"They're beautiful," Draco breathed, looking down at our daughter, Lily Rose Malfoy, in his arms.

"They really are," I agreed, looking down at our son, Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy, in my arms.

Draco came and sat on the bed beside me, wrapping me in a hug with one of his arms. "The perfect family."

(A/N: I promise this isn't the end, but this book is winding down. It was going to be longer, but I felt like there wasn't much of a plotline so I decided to not make it as long as I was originally planning.)