Part 8

The life Draco and I shared after the twins changed drastically. One of us would go to classes one day while the other would stay home and take care of the twins. We would switch off like that. Our lives had fallen into a routine. Get maybe three hours of sleep a night, go to classes, come home, eat dinner, and then repeat. If one of us stayed at home, it was mostly just feeding the twins and sitting around while they napped most of the day. What I didn't understand is why the twins would sleep all day and then keep us awake at night. Draco shared these musings but we didn't dwell too long on them. We were parents, after all.

"Dani!" I heard Draco call me from downstairs. I had stayed home with the twins today and I was doing the homework that had been assigned in class today.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"The twins are upset and they won't stop crying!" Draco said. I giggled to myself; he sounded stressed. He had little to no experience with babies. The way his parents treated him didn't give him a good basis either.

"Coming!" I called back to him, quickly finishing the last of my homework before rushing downstairs. I laughed when I saw the predicament that he was in. He was sitting on the couch, holding Lily. Scorpius was laying on the couch next to him, and both of the babies were bawling. After I laughed for a few seconds, I walked and sat on the couch, picking up Scorpius while I did. As soon as I picked him up, he stopped crying. I picked up Lily and did the same thing with her.

"How did you do that?" Draco asked.

I shrugged. "Must be a mother's touch." Draco scowled at me and I laughed. "Do you want to go down to dinner?" I asked. He nodded, and we stood up, walking down to the Great Hall.

"Aww," Ginny cooed, reaching out to take Lily from my arms. I let her take Lily and took Zachary, her son, into my arms. Zachary had been born the day after the twins and he looked exactly like his father. Just with light hair and blue eyes. Zach started squirming in my arms and I handed him to Blaise. I sighed internally with relief and started to eat my food.

"Attention!" McGonagall called from the front of the Great Hall. Nobody listened. McGonagall used the sonorous charm, repeated her command and this time, everyone listened. "Now that you all have had your children, classes will resume as normal and exams are coming up in a month. I need you all to prepare. For all sixth and seventh years with children, the exams will be lighter and spaced out. You and your partner will not have exams at the same time. That is all I need to say. Thank you." McGonagall sat down and chatter resumed. I wasn't worried about the exams coming up, I had an amazing memory and studying never did me much good. I knew that I would have plenty of time to watch Scorpius and Lily while Draco studied.

(Fast forward to graduation)

"Say Hello to your graduates of 1999!" McGonagall announced, as all of the graduating seventh and eighth years cheered. I stepped off of the stage and went to Mrs. Weasley, who was holding Lily. George was holding Scorpius.

"Congratulations, dear," Mrs. Weasley said, hugging me.

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley," I said. "I mean, Molly." She smiled warmly at me and then hugged Draco. He looked surprised, as usual. I hugged the rest of the Weasleys and then took Lily into my arms. When the graduation was over, we apparated back to the Weasley's house. We ate lunch and then Draco and I communed in one of the new rooms that had been built for our stay.

"Where will we live?" I asked Draco. We were laying in bed while Lily and Scorpius were napping.

"I bought a house while I was staying alone in my parents' manor," Draco said. "We could live there."

"What kind of house is it?" I asked.

"It's white, mostly white interior, very airy and happy, it has five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a large kitchen, dining room and living room, a basement...a perfect house. Also it has a huge back yard."

"That sounds amazing," I breathed. "Perfect for our family."

"I have one question," Draco said.

"Yes?"

"When are we getting married?"

My heart stalled.

"Y-you still want to get married?" I asked.

"Of course I do," Draco said. "I love you, Dani, of course I want to marry you." My eyes began to get teary.

"I love you too," I whispered, turning my body towards Draco's and cuddling into him. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head, before we fell asleep.

The next four months were filled with a flurry of moving, getting jobs, settling in, and wedding plans. We planned to get married in September, and hoped the day would be warm and sunny. Very soon, the day crept up on us, and before we knew it, it was September 9th, the day of our wedding.