8 - Totally Fine

The day after, Bokuto decided to skip school.

He figured it wouldn't hurt his record too much, and he thinks the teachers might understand after his traumatic yesterday.

After falling out of his bed and stumbling all the way down the stairs, he managed to trip one last time at the bottom, when he mistakenly thought the last step was the floor.

He grumbled under his breath before entering his kitchen where a plate of food was waiting for him.

Mom? He questioned, moving closer to the plate.

There was a piece of paper by the food, and he picked it up to read it. To his disappointment, it was from the housekeeper.

He glanced at the heaping pile of bacon and eggs on the plate. If only he had an appetite.

He sighed and pulled out a stool to sit on. All he could think about was Akaashi and if the male was okay. Sure, they had only met a few weeks ago, but after yesterday's events, it seemed like he would never see Akaashi again.

Huffing another sigh, he went back upstairs to grab his phone.

There were several texts and missed calls from Kuroo, a few from Konoha and Yukie as well. Scrolling through them, he read about his best friend's shock upon hearing the news. He let out a sigh and was about to turn his phone off when the last text caught his attention.

Bo, I'm going to visit Akaashi. You wanna come?'

He bit his lip, deep in thought.

Would it be wrong for him to visit Akaashi? Especially when it was his fault that the dark-haired boy was in the hospital?

He tapped on his phone screen to check the time. It was a little past 11 o'clock, meaning visiting hours were open.

In a flash, he rushed to his closet, pulling out random clothes and putting them on. He slipped on a pair of tennis shoes and ran out the house. His usually spiky hair was left down today; he didn't have it in him to style it.

A chilly breeze made Bokuto shiver as he started jogging towards the hospital. It wasn't too far, and it allowed him to ponder about things. Somehow, running seemed to improve his ability to think, causing some brilliants thoughts and ideas to surface during his runs.

One time, he had the great idea of using glue instead of hair gel to spike up his hair. His reasoning? He would have spiky hair forever.

His mom stopped him before he could give it a try though.

Soon in the distance, he could see the top of the hospital building. He began feeling a bit queasy so he slowed to a stop. A sidewalk lead up to a path where two big glass doors stood. On the other side and up a few floors would be Akaashi.

He gulped. It was now or never.

Bokuto took off running before he could back out and barged into the lobby. Nurses looked up from what they were doing with alarmed stares, unsure of whether they would need to call the police or not.

He asked one of the nurses if there was a patient named Akaashi Keiji. She told him there was and gave him the room number.

It was on the third floor, and Bokuto had the options to either take the stairs or elevator. He decided on the stairs, so it would give him some time to calm down before meeting Akaashi.

When he reached the door, he hesitated. Could he handle seeing Akaashi like that?

He looked back at the exit. Right as he was about to back out, the door opened. A lady in her 30s looked at Bokuto. She had a strong resemblance to Akaashi.