Chapter 1

.• A New Start •.

     "(Y/N)!! HURRY UP WE'RE ALREADY LATE!" My mom yelled at me as I was getting my luggages.
     It was a hot early morning in May. My parent's business got a fat promotion, but with that came the outcomes. The company had to move to Japan so it could grow even more, meaning we had to move there as well. Since my dad was going to become the CEO of the company very soon.
     "WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME! WE HAVE A PRIVATE PLANE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!" I hate to admit it, but it was kind of excited to move to Japan but at the same time I wasn't. I was half Asian, but I was born here in the US. I knew how to speak and write Japanese so moving over there wasn't going to be a huge change I suppose. I've also dreamed of visiting there... but I guess I'm now going to live there now.
     Finally putting in my last luggage into the car we headed to our private airport. Yeah, I was rich, but my family wasn't to type to show it off. I'm very happy of that, because there are various other families who just look down on others and I hated that.
Putting my airpods on I started playing a random playlist one of my friends had sent me. I didn't knew what the song was, but the male's voice was so beautiful. So warm. Even kind. I didn't knew when, but I dozed off while listening to this song.
I was shook awake after we got to the airport. Taking out all luggage and taking it to one of the flight attendants. Making my way into the plane, I was now feeling some sort of pain in my chest. I was about to leave the life I had here for good and starting a new life at a new country. My mom must've noticed my mood because she tapped my shoulders and gave me a soft smile.
Yeah.. this isn't going to be that bad of a move.

Boy was I wrong about that.

The flight was long, but we've finally made it here. I was now in an airport near Tokyo, this is where we were going to live now.
Now heading to our new home I couldn't help but awe at the beautiful sights. Tokyo was huge and colorful, there were a lot of subways and even trolley trains. I was amazed, the difference between the US and Japan was huge!!
The driver told us we had made it to our new home. I wasn't surprised at all when I saw that our new home was going to be a mansion. Entering the house, the living room was already ginormous. Meaning the rooms were going to be huge as well. Making my way upstairs the hallway was long and I passed maybe four rooms until I got to mines. I was right, my room was hugeeeee. Seems like my parents had told the designers what I loved, because there were posters from famous dancers and singers and even idol groups.
I fell in love with dancing and singing when I was very small and started taking classes as I got older. I've always wanted to be in an idol group, but those things didn't exist back in the US. Maybe I'll get to see an idol group here..?
"(Y/N)! Could you come downstairs for a bit!! We would like to talk with you about some things." My dad called out and I made my way back downstairs.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Japan is going to be very different, unlike back in the US school's in Japan start in April."
"WHAT?!" I couldn't help, but yell in shock. That means I'm about to start school here... that sucks!
"Yeah I know how you feel, but me and your mom will be leaving starting tomorrow. A lot of things is going to change in our company, so we won't be home much from now on. If you have any questions ask the servants, they'll also explain you everything about Japan that you don't know." With that both of my parents left to their rooms to get ready for tomorrow.
     Guess I shouldn't be surprised, but knowing that they're not going to be home much once again made me feel really down. I never spent any quality time with them anymore.

Several weeks passed, and before I knew it I was about to start my first year of high school here in Japan.

Published May 15, 2020
.•763 words used•.

(A/N)!!
HI GUYS!! It's me Palu!! Author from the story
"A Story of Us"!! I told you guys I would be writing a new fanfic and here it is!!

I've been wanting to write this demon slayer AU for a long time and I'm finally about to write it now!! I'm so excited ahhh >///<!!

This time it'll be an official Reader x Tanjirou haha, but sadly the updates for this story might be really slow since I'm writing "A Story of Us" and that takes a majority of my time.

Sorry if the first chapter is a bit lacking right now, but it's going to get better later on!!

Every vote, reads, and comments on this story and my other motivates me to keep on writing so I appreciate it so much guys 🥺

Please read my other story as well!!

Anyways I hope you enjoy the future chapters on this story and I'll see you there in the future!! :)

(I'm sorry for any bad grammar/typos I'm known for having the most awful typos by my friends;;)