Chapter 11

.•Problem•.
(Sorry for any bad grammar)

Monday arrived fairly quickly. I was making my way to school when I heard a voice from behind.
     "Good morning (Y/N)," I turned around and was greeted by Giyuu.
     "Oh Giyuu! Good morning," I answered as Giyuu caught up with me and we both started walking together.
     "About Saturday (Y/N).." Giyuu now had a stern face as he looked forward averting looking at me. "I would like to explain everything, but I'll try to summarize as much as I can."
     Walking besides him, he once again started telling me about everything he knew.
     "It was obvious you hadn't gotten your memories back when you first came here. We were all down.. but of course decided not to tell you anything.." Giyuu trailed off not knowing what to say next.
     "I see.." it pained me thinking about how everyone had to keep silence once again.
     None of us said another word until we arrived at the school gates.
     "(Y/N)!!" Tanjirou yelled my name as he saw me walking with Giyuu. At that moment I looked up I wanted to cry, I felt my eyes starting to water.
     "(Y/N)... stay calm please." Giyuu said softly so that Tanjirou wouldn't get the wrong idea.
     Pulling myself together I smiled and waved, "Tanjirou!" I started walking to the table where we always met as Giyuu trailed close behind.
     As Giyuu sat down Tanjirou took my hand and looked at me, "(Y/N)... you are not okay."

     Dead silence. Everyone looked up. They all had concern faces, yet at the same time they knew what was happening. I looked at them and they must have seen the pain in my eyes right now, because Mitsuri shot up from her desk and almost yelled out something but stopped herself from doing so.
     "(Y/N). You're sad... extremely sad I can smell and feel it." Memories from our past once again submerged... the day when we first met and how he told me he had a great sense of smell.
     "I'm fine Tanjirou..." I began to say but was cut off by him as he let go of my hands and went up to Giyuu.
     "Giyuu, what did you do to her." Tanjirou said sternly and glared at Giyuu angrily.
     "Nothing." Giyuu responding monotonously with no change of expression.
     I was now scared. What was happening? Why was Tanjirou so upset about how I'm feeling? Without realizing I was now shaking... was I scared? Nervous? Shocked?
     "(Y/N)..." Mitsuri said my name as she came up to me and gave me a tight hug. "TANJIROU! DO YOU NOT SEE (Y/N)?! YOU'RE MAKING HER VERY UNCOMFORTABLE!!"
     I couldn't take it anymore... it was way too much for me to handle. I'm just starting my day, but I already want to go back home. My heart aches so bad, seeing everyone overwhelmed me even more than I thought. Tears were now rolling down my cheeks.
     "Mitsuri... please take me somewhere else." I managed to say through my now audible sobs.
     Tanjirou who had pulled Giyuu from his collarbone shirt, had let go of him at the realization of my crying. "(Y/N)... I'm sorry" he sounded hurt, but I was way more hurt in this situation right now.
     He didn't knew what to do and just stared as Mitsuri took me away followed by everyone else. Before he knew it... he was alone with Giyuu.

Tanjirou's POV

     A crowd had now gathered neared us. Everyone kept murmuring and asking what is happening. I didn't care about what they were thinking... I was worried, scared, and feeling awful about what just happened. Something for sure happened to (Y/N)... seeing her cry made me feel awful. A feeling kept tugging on my mind yet I can't recall a single thing.
     "Tanjirou." Giyuu who had stayed said my name and I looked at him furiously once again.
     "What did you do to her." I asked sternly.
     "Nothing at all," he said as he got up from his seat and fixed his shirt. "We had a great time yesterday, she was smiling and laughing."
     The feeling once again came to me. I didn't knew what this feeling was, but it was a feeling of being hurt. My body ache at at the thought of seeing (Y/N) smiling and talking with Giyuu. They seemed awfully close for the short amount of time they've known each other.
     "Look Tanjirou, don't overwork yourself. It's fine, (Y/N) is fine. I promise I did nothing to her yesterday, she just remembered something from her past, so you can say she isn't feeling at her best right now."
     Giyuu picked up his bad and the bell rang. The people who where standing there were now gone and the only person left was Kanao.
     "Aight, I'll see you in lunch bye." Giyuu left leaving me behind with Kanao only.
     "Oh Tanji-Kun!" Kanao said and ran up to me. "What happened to (Y/N)? Did you finally reject her?"
     "Kanao this isn't the right time now," I sighed and grabbed my things and started my way to class. I was very confused and Kanao isn't helping with my situation right now.
     Entering the classroom I saw that Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Muichiro were now back from accompanying (Y/N). Looking towards her desk I noticed that hers was empty... I really hope she's okay. Making my way to my desk Zenitsu and the others were acting as if nothing had happened. If anything they seemed way more happy.
     "So..." I started saying but Zenistu cut me off.
     "Tanjirou before you ask about (Y/N), she's fine! She just felt overwhelmed by the situation and how you reacted so fast against Giyuu." Zenitsu gave me a stern face, "Don't you dare make another beautiful lady feel such a way unless you want me to punch that face of yours."
     I laughed nervously, Zenitsu will always be Zenitsu. They day passed by really fast and it was now lunch time. Once again (Y/N) wasn't there, but everyone was. I tried asking but they kept changing topics and said that everything was now okay.
     The rest of the school day was the same, but it felt gloomy because (Y/N) wasn't here. Practice was normal like any other day, yet I couldn't concentrate myself.
     "KAMADO MY BOY!" Rengoku yelled my name as I accidentally missed a choreograph.
     "I'm sorry Rengoku, I'm a bit out of it," I responded and went back to the start.
     "Tanjirou, I know you're worried about (Y/N), but she's fine I promise! She went home, because she said she needed some more rest that's all!" Heading Rengoku say that, made me more at ease. At least she's doing fine.

     Making my way home after a day of school and practice I kept thinking of a way to apologize to       (Y/N). I felt bad now so I hope she feels better tomorrow.

She wasn't at school the next day.

Nor the next day.

Or the day after that.

A week had passed.

Published August 28, 2020
.•1188 words used•.

Did something happen to (Y/N)?

The world was shifting once again and evil is now lurking in the modern world.
What does this mean?

Muzan? Alive? How?
That can't be.

Author's Note

Hello, Palu here. I just want to say I'm very sorry for the lack of updates. I started school and I'm a senior. Meaning I want to focus on my studies and that's already hard to do when I'm also an editor on Instagram/YouTube.

That doesn't mean I stopped writing for good though! I plan to keep writing, but updates may be very slow like one a week to once a month.

I love this fanfic, and I have so many great ideas, but school is my priority, but I'll try my best to keep updating as much as I can!

Thank you for waiting for an update <3