Chapter 1

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hi! This is Mia here and before you start reading this story I'd just like to let you know about the new and improved version of this book that has been published recently. You will still get the same story but with better editing and clearer plot points! Please go check it out if you can and thank you so much for supporting me. I love you all so much!!!

You wake both nervous and enthusiastic about the adventure that awaits you. Last night Emperor Palpatine informed you that he has a new assignment for you to complete. This assignment is unlike any you've ever completed. This time you get to visit and oversee operations of the First Order at the Star Killer Base.

"You nervous?" A voice called from outside your room. This startled you.

It was Leo, he's only a few years older then you and has been training for around the same time as you have but his skill is far less then yours.

You turn and look at him. He's standing at the doorway, his shiny brown hair and gorgeous brown eyes catch you by surprise.

"Of course not. My training has prepared me for this." You try and sound confident but end up sounding cocky.

He looks at you and smiles, you know he can see through your lies. You can't help but smile back.

"I'm sure you are, don't get too cocky there now, it might go straight to your head." He says with a laugh.

"I have to go, the Emperor wants me to depart soon and it would give the wrong impression to Supreme Leader Ren if I was late." You stay, trying to find any excuse to leave.

"I get it. I won't keep them waiting on you. I just wanted to say my goodbyes and say that I hope to see you back soon." He says, moving out of the way to clear a path for you.

As you left, unable to say farewell to the Emperor you could only help to wonder why Leo cared to say goodbye. You two definitely weren't close, in fact you rarely talked outside of training and yet a part of you liked that he took the time to say goodbye.

The walk to the docking bay was short and quiet and once you arrive you observe that the hatch on the ship was already down. At the bottom of the hatch, two stormtroopers await your arrival.

"There she is!" You over hear one of the stormtroopers say.

You walk past them and onto the ship, paying no attention to their comments. As you reach the end of the ramp and onto the ship you notice a third stormtrooper holding your helmet. You had missed this, being in control and everyone around you being scared of your presence.

"Th-iii-ss i-ss f-oorr y-oouu" the stormtrooper stammered, reaching his hands out so you could grab it.

As you put in on your head you knew this is how you want to be remembered as. Not just as the girl who trained with the Emperor but as y/n the strong leader, powerful, smart, a woman who had even the most powerful men scared of her.

"Let's go." You ordered in an impatient tone. The modified voice coming from the mask gave even you goosebumps. You had definitely missed this helmet.

As the ship took off you couldn't help but imagine what it might be like at the Starkiller Base. Then it hit you. Kylo Ren. You would have to see him, talk to him but hopefully get to train with him.

"Preparing for landing." You hear the pilot say.

This snapped you out of your daydream and back to reality. As the ship landed and the ramp was lowered the three stormtroopers went down the ramp and you soon followed after.

You stepped onto the ramp and you instantly noticed the dozens of eyes on you. To the left and at the very end of the ramp was Kylo Ren. He wasn't like what you expected. He wore all black clothing, with his black boots, black pants, black vest, black belt and a black cloak. You couldn't stop yourself from staring. He was intimidating and yet you knew that he was similar to you, he knew what it was like to train under the Emperor, to be feared and want to be feared. Knowing this made him less intimidating to you.

As you slowly walk down the ramp you watch as the dozens of workers eyes followed your every movement. You knew they were scared of you. Anyone who's involved with the Emperor is guaranteed to be feared. You look to Kylo Ren, who has put a hand out for you. You take it, your leather glove on his.

"Pleasure to have you." Kylo Ren spoke, his modified voice sending shivers down your spine.

"Pleasure to be here" you responded.

"Come with me, I will show you around." He instructed

"Lead the way" you replied, waiting for him to walk in front of you

The tour was long and boring, full of scared, staring eyes watching as you and Kylo walked down the halls. Eventually, he leads you down a long hallway and into a large room.

"These are your quarters. Settle in and be prepared for a meeting in General Hux's office. Be at his office at 7:00 am sharp." He informs you.

You didn't have time to react or answer before he left you to settle in. You set your bag down and crawled into bed, giving no time to explore your room.